We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

This company has 2 names, also known as Citalys.com we've rented an apartment in Paris and they did take a security deposit on arrival which were fine for us, but the deposit was supposed to be refund within 10 days after departure day, we left on may 8 and still no refund of our 700 euros, french law authorizes only to keep a deposit for 2 months..

Those last months, they changed their phone numbers, and communicate with a new name AVOID THEM BOTH, HABITAT or CITALYS.COM same company, same problems, they do advertise on differents website just stay away from them....

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
482 reviews
from US$72.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
577 reviews
from US$46.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$332.80*
Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
922 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

I do believe there have been othere posts about this company's bad practices on this forum. I believe it was called Habitat Investments.

PARIS
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

With CITALYS, you just have the renting to pay,

no deposit or no agency fees!

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

Citalys - your post seems to conflict with what the OP said. He says he booked an apt., paid a deposit and never got it back - so someone charged a deposit ?? Can you address why the OP's deposit was not returned?

Is Habitat Investissement a partner company with Citalys??

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

Bump

I for one would like CITALYS to address the OP's situation.

CITALYS, are you going to return the deposit or explain why you're not?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,224 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

Citalys, your post is useless. You did not respond to the original poster.

If you are going to bother coming on theses boards you had better do better then that!

I

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

robertnz12 - can you tell us in what form you paid a deposit and in what way it was asked of you??

I went to the Citalys website (hey I'm bored to death today). It states very matter of factly that they do not have any agency fees and they do not charge any deposits. So, I am wondering why you would pay one??

Is it possible that the person who asked you to pay the deposit kept the money personally? Did they give you any sort of re-written contract / receipt showing your paid deposit and stating when it would be returned (assuming no damage)??

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

citalys - Si vous préférez répondre en français, veuillez répondre en français. N'importe quelle réponse est meilleure qu'aucun. Certains d'entre nous peuvent traduire si il est nécessaire.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

The same thing has happened to me, and I have still not gotten my 707 Euro deposit back even after numerous email requests and phone calls. Did you ever receive your deposit back from them? I would advise the same, do business with someone else there are other choices.

USA
Level Contributor
28,517 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

>>>citalys - Si vous préférez répondre en français, veuillez répondre en français. N'importe quelle réponse est meilleure qu'aucun. Certains d'entre nous peuvent traduire si il est nécessaire.<<<

Very nice touch....there can't be any confusion or misunderstanding over language now....and since the agency is now self-evidently AWARE that a serious problem exists...one that certainly threatens their good name and reputation....it is hoped they will explain and/or resolve the matter...either here....or directly with their very dissatisfied client. If the later course, then one would hope that the original poster would also post any resolution of the matter.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Habitat Investissement /Citalys.com abuse its customers-PARI

I guess I am totally confused. Their website says they DON'T charge any agency fees or deposits; the price for the apartment is the total you pay. Surely they have sent rentors a contract. Does the contract flow with the website - in that what you pay is clearly noted and no more will be expected from you??

If this is the case, why would anyone pay any more? If this is not the case, it would be again the warning of "Please review your contract with a fine tooth combe."