We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on merchandise recently purchased in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
350 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on merchandise recently purchased in Paris

We are home from our trip to Paris. Wonderful time there. Hotel Muguet was a good choice for our stay.

While we were there, my grand-daughter bought a skirt. (yup, got the reciept to prove the purchase !)

But, upon our return home, we find the square plastic thingy used for security control is still

affixed to the skirt. We took it into a local store, but the American "thingys" are different than the

Parisian.

Any advice for removing this from the skirt? She hopes to wear it New Years- - - -a lovely metalic brocade material. (thought of decorating the object with a bow , but it is on the backside, and would be uncomfortable to sit on).

Seriously, we are stumped. Don't want to dammage the skirt in the removal process.

I know, dummy us not inspecting the package before we came home. It is a bit pricey to fly back over to get it removed. Hmmm, I wonder if my husband will buy that as an excuse????

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on merchandise recently purchased in Paris

If this was purchased at a chain store (or at least, one large enough to have a web site and e-mail) you might try sending an e-mail with your question (but I would suggest, just in case they might be doubtful, scanning and attaching a copy of the receipt and photo of the skirt so they can see they match up, and you didn't rip them off!).

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on merchandise recently purchased in Paris

The "thingies" are different from store to store, even in the US, so you may be able to find a store that has the right one. Otherwise, their must be some kind of tool that would do the trick.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on merchandise recently purchased in Paris

Hopefully, it does not contain any ink. Just Google "how to remove security tag."

4. Re: Need advice on merchandise recently purchased in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 21:21