We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Honeymoon Advice?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
clw22580
2 posts
Save Topic
Paris Honeymoon Advice?

My fiancée and I are trying to plan for our upcoming honeymoon in Paris in June. We have ever been to Paris before. We would also like to visit Normandy and Versailles during our trip.

Our biggest problems right now are we can not seem to decide on where to stay and we do not know exactly how we should budget our time and money. We have saved approximately $10,000.00 for the trip which will last probably 5 days (4 nights). Neither my fiancée nor I are big shoppers so we probably will spend very little if any on shopping.

Ideally, we would like a hotel with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Any recommendations?

Also, any other recommendations/tips on things to do, places to eat, etc... would be greatly appreciated!

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Honeymoon Advice?

Dear clw22580,

If you only have 4 nights and 5 days in France, do not attempt to go anywhere else other than Paris. Just relax and enjoy yourselves. Paris is too great a city to be able to explore in 2 -3 days.

Save Normandy, and even Versailles (which is do-able as a day trip) for another time.

I don't know if the Crillon or the Meurice have views of the Eiffel Tower, but you probably have enough money to stay in either of these hotels for 4 nights. The Eiffel Tower is a bit out of the way for many of the other tourist sights, and is in a more residential area.

I sugggest buying a good guide book on Paris, and reading it. You do not say what your interests are, so it is hard to advise you.

My personal favorite areas are: St. Germain des Pres; the Ile St. Louis; the Marais, the Latin Quarter, and the Madeleine/Faubourg St. Honore.

With so little time, I would skip going into the Louvre (unless you are there when it is open in the evening) and head for the Muse D'Orsay, instead.

I would also go to Le Ste. Chapelle -wow!- and Notre Dame is a staple on any tourist's list.

Just walking up and down the Seine in the evening is a treat, especially with the Eiffel Tower glowing in the distance.

For parks, I recommend the Luxembourg Gardens and the Tuilleries, both of which are very accessable.

Hope this helps.

Bon chance and bon voyage!

Marietta, Ga
Level Contributor
117 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Honeymoon Advice?

I would suggest a few things.

1. The Rick Steves 2008 Guide to Paris

2. Also buy the Eyewitness Guide to Paris 2008

These two will not only give you a lot of great ideas, but how to get around, where to eat, etc. Along with a detailed street map so you will never be lost

Paris is a location where you can spend a ton of money on food & lodging or as Steves says with him you will.... Experience the culture like a local-you'll spend less money & have more fun. I have used him in 3 trips to Europe, along with Tripadvisor & have been very satisfied.

You can also use the slow travel website as a great resource.

Last year I stayed at Hotel Muguet in the 7th, where you can get a room with a view of the Eiffle Tower. It was Excellent.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Honeymoon Advice?

Hotel Splendide Etoile has postcard views of the Arc de Triomphe and less stellar but lovely views of the Eiffel Tower if you get one of the 6th floor suites. My wife and I love this hotel.

George V also has a beuatiful view from some of the suites, and thatis my favorite place in the workd to stay, but murderously expensive even with your lavish budget.

clw22580
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Honeymoon Advice?

Thanks for all of the advice! We have decided to stay at the Plaza Athenee. However, we cannot decide on which restaurants to chose for dinner. Again, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

5. Re: Paris Honeymoon Advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 07:18