We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

Happy New Year to all of you! I hope, you have had a great start!

Our trip to Paris is getting closer.

I guess you as experts can give me a good advice

of a neat breakfast place in the 5th. We know about breakfasts in France in general....

Thanks and greetings from

Q.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

Hi, I just stayed very near the MM metro stop. There are two or three places directly in or immediately outside Place Maubert, although I can't remember the names specifically. Do you need names or is it enough to know you'll have no problem finding any of several places? Also, be sure to visit the Place Maubert market on Thursdays and Saturdays. It's delightful. If you don't mind a nice little walk, there is a very good cafe, the St. Regis, directly over the pedestrian bridge from Ile de la Cite on to Ile St. Louis. I ate breakfast there a couple of times. The waiter sings and dances and is generally a happy guy.

USA
Level Contributor
28,020 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

As noted, there are any number of local cafés in the immediate area of the Maubert-Mutualité Metro station (Place Maubert, Blvd. St. Germain/rue Monge) where you will find good breakfasts (there are a lot of commercial offices in this immediate vicinity).

A few blocks south, near the intersection of rue des Ecoles & rue Monge is--

BREAKFAST-IN-AMERICA--17 rue des Ecoles, 75005, Metro: Cardinal Lemoine & Maubert-Mutualité--

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
748 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

Yes, plenty of places for breakfast here. Right next to the market is the Village Ronsard Cafe and across the street is Cafe Metro. If you go up a couple of blocks to Rue des Ecoles, there is the Petite Perigourdine and L'Autre Bistro among others. Also, if you go down Rue Lagrange, there is a little Boulangerie with tables where you can get coffee and pastry.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,586 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

I had many evening drinks at the Village Ronsard but sadly no breakfast. Place Maubert has great food shops - fruit and vegetables, butcher, charcuterie, fish, wine, cheese, patisserie - so it is a great place to be near and there is a Franpris or similar small supermarket nearby in Rue Lagrange, as well as another wine shop.

The pastries are quite good at the patisserie there but for breakfast I prefer the almond croissants at Korcarz, a patisserie and cafe at about 29 rue des Rosiers in the Marais near the corner of rue Vieille du Temple and the coffee is good. At least one morning during your stay have breakfast a bit away from your neighbourhood and try Korcarz.

To get to the Marais, head to the Seine towards the back of Notre Dame, cross the bridge there and then the bridge to Ile St Louis. A few steps further on, turn left to rue Jean du Bellay and cross the Pont Louis Philippe. The street ahead of you is rue du Pont Louis Philippe which has some fantastic little shops, like one devoted to paper and another selling old musical instruments and at Nos 10 and 20 Mi Amor and Sic Amor for great accessories. When you cross rue de Rivoli the street becomes rue Vieille du Temple and rue des Rosiers is about the third street on your right. It takes 15 minutes at a casual stroll from Place Maubert.

BTW, the market in Place Maubert is also on Tuesday mornings as well as Thursday and Saturday mornings but Saturday's is best. Once when I stayed nearby there was a really good "brocante", or market for old goods, there but that was just luck.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

Thank you so very much to all of you! Can´t wait

to eat my first croissant... Have not had an almond one, so me try soon.....

Greetings from Q.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

sorry:

so l e t me try soon

7. Re: Breakfast near Maubert Mutualite??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 12:19