We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

Vancouver
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

Hello:

Will be in Paris for 4 days as part of our honeymoon. We plan to arrive at Bercy via the Artesia night train on a Monday morning.

Monday

------

Arrive morning via train from Italy

- Louvre

- Isle St. Louis – Bertillion Ice Cream

Tuesday

-------

Notre Dame

Notre Dame Crypt

d'Orsay (closed on Mondays)

Wednesday

---------

Versailles

Thursday

--------

Eiffel Tower

Montmartre / Sacre Coeur

Arc de Triumph

Champs-Elysees

Any suggestions? Too sparse? Too much? Any food recommendations on the area?

Much appreciated!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

Oh, is there anything specific on Ile St. Louis we should make note of?

Cupiecake
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

You might find Thursday to be a little packed and you may not have time to see everything, and IMO the sights you have on Thurs are all must-sees. You may not need a whole day for Versailles depending on what you want to see. If you plan to go up the Eiffel Tower, you will need some time for waiting in line. The Sacre-Coeur is my favorite sight in Paris, and the area surrounding it is full of restaurants, cafes, and shops. Lots of art shops too.

Sorry I cant help you with the food...I live in Paris and have yet to find a restaurant I love. Im sure someone else will have a suggestion.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
661 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

Please try to find time for the Musee de l'Orangerie located in the Tuilerie Gardens on the Seine. It is closed on Tues. It is a small museum, newly renovated, with Monet's Water Lilies, other Monet's and Renoir's, plus. Also find time for watching cars around the Arc de Triumph, a walk on the Seine, the Eiffel Tower at night, and relaxing at a sidewalk cafe (or two).

East Coast Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

Thursday seems doable to me as long as you don't wait in line forever to go up the tower. Have a great honeymoon. Bon Voyage

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

Your itinerary looks great--none of your days are too hectic--although depending on how much you like the Louvre and how tired you are, that could wear you out. Ile St. Louis is a very small island. The best thing to do there is to just wander around and look at it. There is a little church to see, lots of cute shops, fabulous restaurants, Bertillon ice cream (as you correctly noted) as well as a fabulous gelato place (which I like better than Bertillon. They give you more, charge you less, and place it on your cone in the shape of petals to form a rose. The flavors are divine). There is a famous tea shop on Rue St. Louie on the west end of the Island (the name temporarily excapes me.) It is a good place to order hot chocolate or tea--it is very eccentric.

I would skip going up the Eiffel Tower. It is a long line and no big deal. I, and many other people on this forum, prefer the view from the top of the Arc de Triumph. The Eiffel Tower is beautiful to look at--especially at night on each hour when the lights twinkle for 10 minutes. If you skip ascending the Eiffel Tower, you could also continue your walk from the Champs-Elysee to Place de la Concord, perhaps ride the ferris wheel, buy a crepe at the stand next to the ferris wheel, and continue your walk through the Tuilleries Gardens until you arrive at the Louvre (remember savory crepes like ham and cheese are made from buckwheat crepes and dessert crepes made with jam, nutella, sugar and cinnamon are made with white flour crepes). (Or you could walk through the Tuilleries Gardens before or after you view the Louvre. Keep in mind though that Ile St. Louis is the opposite direction from the Tuilleries when you are standing at the Louvre.

I would also suggest that on your way from the Louvre to Ile St. Louis that you walk past Hotel de Ville. It is actually Paris' main City Hall. You can't go it but the outside is absolutely spectacular and not to be missed. Just stand in front and marvel!

The other thing I would recommend--and I know you can't do everything in a few days, is to see Opera Garnier. I think it is the most beautiful building in Paris. I recommend it over the Louvre. It is just so gorgeous. If you go there, walk around the outside and then you can do a self-tour on the inside for 8 euros. The ceiling was painted by Marc Chagall and the decor it stunningly exquisite.--not to be missed.

NYC
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

Hi seven3! Fiance and I are planning on doing the same- honeymoon in Paris 3 ngihts and Greece for the remainder. We're having a hard time choosing a hotel (just started a post on this). Where are you stayong for your honeymoon? (If you don't mind sharing.) Thank you!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

Hello:

Thanks to everyone for their help, I'll take a look and revise accordingly.

We booked the Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche (rate #8 here on this site). It seems to be in a decent location and a reasonable rate.

Have a great time in Paris!

8. Re: Assistance with Itinerary - 4 days in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 04:19