We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bath products

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
196 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Bath products

I love all types of bath products; soaps, gels, lotions, sprays...I have bought Rogers and Gallet products before and loved loved loved them...

Is there a market, area or store that can be recommended for the budget conscious traveler that perhaps specializes in these types of products or offers bargains?

My special weakness are soaps. Any particular scents or brands that are worth mentioing?

Thanks, in advance, for any help! We leave on Feb 12th...can't wait!

Chicago suburbs
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bath products

Any "pharamacie" in Paris will have more than you will need!! I bought the Rogers & Gallet "Muguet" (lily of the valley) soap while there and just love it! Pharmacies are on every block and sometimes more than one!

Cite Pharmacie (26, rue du Four - 6th arr.) is well known for low(est) prices, but get there early in the day as many other females also know about it!!

Enjoy!

joy/luvparee

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bath products

If you're in Paris on a Sunday, go to the organic market on Blvd Raspail. There are several soap purveyors. I've bought them for gifts on several occasions. They're inexpensive and smell wonderful.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bath products

Even at a place like BHV or Bon Marche the soaps are much cheaper than they would be here.

I get a great Savon de Marseilles for like 5 bars for a euro in St Barth - its probably cents in any cheap drug store or supermarket in Paris - cant remember the brand, but it has a cat on the bar and comes in a plastic wrapped package.

Supermarkets are great in addition to drug stores - they usually have great products! And, look for things called parapharmacies - lots of natural products and homeopathic remedies. They have this stuff called L52 that will take away most colds in a day or 2.

I love the Roger & Gallet Green Tea...

You know Bourgeois is Chanel in different packaging?

and, if you cook - Himalayan sea salt is 1/10th of the price it is here - I got a huge box at Bon Marche (not discounted!) for 1/10 the tiny bottle is here.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bath products

Dear Illy420,

Although it is not budget, I highly recommend L'Occitane's products. It is a chain, and its shops can be found in a number of areas in Paris. As I recall, there's one in the Marais and on the Ile St. Louis. In the old days, La Samaritaine Department store also sold their products. The quality is very high, so a little of the product goes a long way. IMO, it's worth the splurge!

Bon chance

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bath products

"cant remember the brand, but it has a cat on the bar and comes in a plastic wrapped package."

Surprisingly, the brand name is "Le Chat" ! :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bath products

that's it!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bath products

We have L'Occitane all over NYC (but, its cheaper in St Barth where it has to be shipped, so probably a lot cheaper in France!)

I love Body Shop Body Butter and traveled in carry on, so ended up buying it in Paris - it was 20 euros compared with $17 in NYC!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bath products

Lush, that's the way :

rue de Buci 6, Paris 6ème

soaps and much more ...

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bath products

I agree that pharmacies are the best place to look. One of my favorite brands is Anne de Peradel. In particular, I like their lavender soap.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
196 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bath products

I can't wait!

ok...so the pharmcaies and the supermarkets should have a good selection, right? Got it!

I will also note down the names of the shops others have given me, and if I am in the area, I will try to find them.

If there are any more brand names that I should be looking for that you can recommend, I would greatly appreciate it.

Paris, here I come!

Thanks to all!