We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Missing Paris?

Hard to believe that at age 50 I find myself missing Paris so much. Avoided it for 48 years and went 1st time in 2006 and then again last November. We are fortunate enough to be able to travel abroad twice each year and while the wife wants to go to Australia, China, India, etc. all I want to to do is visit Paris again! I don't speak a word of French and yet I am drawn to Paris in a way that surprises me!

Has aanyone else had this experience?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing Paris?

I use to feel that way about New Orleans, as I lived there for several years until I went to Paris.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing Paris?

You and probably a few hundred thousand other people. LOL!

Israel
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing Paris?

I've been there twice, and I miss it a lot. I'm not sure when my next trip will be, but I DO know that I'll be there again.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,479 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing Paris?

Aldo Nola, you are not alone, in fact there are thousands of us, millions most likely,, LOL

There are websites decicated just to Paris, and many people make many repeat visits.. never enough.

It always strikes me as funny when people say to me " going to Paris again, you 've already been there" ,, like one visit is enough, and these are usaully the same people that will repeatly go to Hawaii or Disneyland, , or even their cabin on the lake ,, LOL

There is a name for a condition," PPD, Post Paris Depression", only known way to alleviate syptoms are to plan another trip, even if it years away!! LOL

Montr��al
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Missing Paris?

joan is so right, planning the next trip is a cure for ppd. i also like to surf the web for more and more paris infos, there are a few yahho and google groups about paris and of course the multiple blogs like ourparisblog etc.

6. Re: Missing Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2008, 13:17
ipswich england
Level Contributor
451 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Missing Paris?

I consider Paris to be a very serious addiction, worse even than the addiction that I had for nicotine. The thing now for me is that no way do I want to break that addiction. Just relax and accept it for what it is, at least let Paris seduce you with all her charms.

Paris
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Missing Paris?

Ok Iam sorry for disturbing. I won't post any more URL, just wanted to help^^

Sorry agaiiiinnnn

David

dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Missing Paris?

Aldo Nola,

I 30 years old now and my first time trip to paris when I was 21. Ever since, every summer ( june usually ) I in paris.

My birthday coming up in March and guess where I will be... Paris of course...

Paris
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Missing Paris?

I understand your feeling about Paris. It's true that - and I don't say that because Paris is my homùetown - there is something magic in Paris. The city is soooo beautiful, I travelled a lot and found this feeling only in London.

Paris is addictive, even if expensive, and not very very safe. But Paris is magic^^