We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just arrived!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
calgary
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
just arrived!

I just arrived in Paris (thanks to posters who have helped me so far) and I have only a weekend to spend for my first visit-it is squeezed between work in the Netherlands. I would like to see the Louvre, Eiffel tower, Arc de Triumph and Notre Dame as priorities (i think, i am open to suggestions). i was going to buy the Museum pass (at a metro station, right?) to reduce the wait at the Louvre. I am wondering if anyone can suggest what order I do things in and any other advice to make the most of the time-i am directionally challenge so not very good at figuring out where to go first etc. Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just arrived!

Hello! when we went to Paris, we bought the museum pass, and we got to the Eiffel tower 30 minutes before it opened (at 9am in august), the lineup was not a long wait, my suggestion would be to start there in the early morning, the museum pass does not cover the eiffel tower, but it does cover the louvre, the arc de triomphe. If you are a walker, you can take the metro close to the arc de triomphe and walk the rest of the way, and then take the train to the louvre and notre dame.

We took two days to see the Eiffel Tower, the Pantheon, the Catacombs, The Louvre and Notre Dame.

1 day was spent at the Eiffel Tower and the Pantheon, and the Catacombs.

another day was spent at the Louvre and Notre Dame. This might be too much for some, but we were pretty active and did not mind a hectic day.

As for the Louvre and what to see, you could spend weeks there and not see everything. What we did, was get a pamphlet on our arrival and decide what was most important. it made it quicker for us when we actually got there.

2. Re: just arrived!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 01:17