We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

Hello all,

I so appreciate all the helpful advice given here. I don't know how people planned overseas trips before the internet or TripAdvisor! :)

Would love your votes / advice on the following. I'm now leaning toward the one way of getting from the airport to my apt. that I wasn't going to take, a taxi. The reason being it does seem like it may be the cheapest option outside of the RER. I'm hoping by the end of our trip we can take the RER back to CDG as we will be more familiar with it. So here are the options, I have looked at past forums and haven't seen a comprehensive list and this isn't either, just would like to see everything laid out before me to make my decison so here goes!

Will be arriving CDG Terminal 2E supposedly at 11:30 am with only carry on luggage. Apt on Passage de L'Union in the 7th. (3 people)

Taxi cost 40-50 euros? 30-60 minutes? (Stand in line for next one) (~17 euros each = $27 approx.)

My understanding of the shuttles is that with the exception of Grey Shuttle you have to call when you get there?? some extra stops along the way, may take a couple of hours...

Grey shuttle 66 euros for the 3 of us (good reviews seen)

Blue van 49 euros (each or group?) seen bad reviews

Bee shuttle 60 euros (max 2 stops) good reviews

Paris shuttle.com 19.9 euros per person - good and bad reviews

Aircity Shuttle.com $134.97 = $45 each

Viator $156.8 total good reviews = $52 each

Yellow van - 17 euros each

Airport-connection.com 13 euros each

Golden Air - 22 euro (each?) good and bad reviews - Rick Steves discount perhaps

Paris airport shuttle.com 19.9 euros each

Airport-paris-transfer.com 19 euros each

Air France - 13 euro to Arc de Triomphe each, then taxi to apt, cost?

Rossy bus - 8,50 euro each to Opera, then taxi to apt, cost ?

Cost wise sharing the taxi seems the easiest and very cost efficient. As well as being easy after a 17 hour flight.

Am I thinking this out correctly? Please advise, thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

Take the cab. First time in Paris with no worries about transportation, take the cab. Have address with postal code ready for driver. You have really done your research!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

Hi Tufy,

We stayed in the 7th and our taxi from CDG cost 45 euros. We arrived early morning on Christmas eve day, so there probably wasn't a big rush hour traffic, though the roads were not empty. You're arriving later so you'll miss the morning traffic. It took less that 45 minutes. From what I've read the taxi can cost from 40 to 60 euros.

We didn't have to wait for a taxi, just walked out of the terminal and into the car.

Easy and I'd do it again.

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

Taxi hands down.

I just dont see the meager savings of the shuttle as worth all of the extra steps needed (booking / pre-pay/ hoping driver shows up / calling and calling if driver doesnt show up / 1 hour of waiting later paying a taxi anyway :-) ) .

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

Thanks so much, I guess I just needed some confirmation! You are all such a big help! Can't wait to see Paris!

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

Make sure you CLEARLY set the price of the cab ride BEFORE you get in the cab

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

What should I be looking for and what should it say?

Thanks!

Florida, USA
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

pixfield,

This may be a dumb question, but how can you "clearly set" the price of the cab? In NYC, it's set arriving at JFK into the city, but LGA is not. Is it similar? Or do you just make sure the meter is at zero when you get in? Definately taking a cab after a long flight!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

I, too, question pixfield's advice.

I've never seen a cabbie in Paris who was willing to set a fixed price in advance for a ride from CDG.

Florida, USA
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

I'm not questioning it. Most of his advice is spot on. This is my first trip to Paris and just wanted clarification.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nailing down the method from CDG-> Apt, please vote :)

I'm sorry Pixfield I thought you said SEE the price. Are you saying to ask the cabbie before getting in approximately what he thinks it will cost? Did that in Rome and it worked great. No surprises! Am assuming that's what you mean?

Thanks!