We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting seats together on the plane.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting seats together on the plane.

This is kind of a silly question, but oh, well.

My husband and I would of course like seats together on the flight to France. I've flown by myself a couple of times overseas and didn't worry about this, and the other time we flew together internationally, we purchased through a travel agent and have had no problems getting seats together.

This time, though, we bought our flights through Priceline. I'm curious as to whether or not we'll have to make prior arrangement to get seats together, or if this is even an issue we'll have to worry about.

We're flying Air France, and we've got paper tickets (there wasn't an option). On the tickets there's no seating assignment. Should I give Air France a call?

Any advice?

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
493 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$299.60*
Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting seats together on the plane.

Call air france and ask for them to assign seats. Air France does not have an online seat selection feature so you will have to do it over the phone. If they wont give them to you then you will have to get to the airport early.

Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting seats together on the plane.

I had seat selection with Air Canada when we went last year. It was ok for the flight going because we left from Canada but at Paris airport when we came back even if we had reserved seat they gave my seat to another person. I don't know why... they said ho! you were 1 minute too late (with a big smile... well they were not rude... they were smiling....). We arrived there very early to get the VAT on on what we had bought and then we were in line 2 hours before our flight leaves. So it does not realy matter with the employees of Air Canada in Paris if you have seat reserved or not. They do whatever they want... We did not have the same name so they took upon themselves to give my reserved seat to somebody else. They gave us other seats 1 rank behind each other in the middle of 3 seater. It worked out ok at the end because arriving in the plane we found 3 seats empty and we ask the stewardess in the airplane to go there. So I would arrive very early.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting seats together on the plane.

Check in opens 3 hours before the flight on most international flights. 2 hours is supposedly the latest you should be checking in.

So - get to the airport 3 hours before leaving, ask for 2 seats together. There's really no mystery to it, as long as youre not late!

Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting seats together on the plane.

My mom and I booked our flights separately (on separate credit cards) through Expedia. Then, I just called Air France and asked them to connect our reservations and seat us together, which they did.