We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monastery stays

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Monastery stays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 16:20
USA
Level Contributor
27,722 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monastery stays

Sorry...I don't really know if there are any convents or monasteries (Paris isn't Italy) that provide primarily '..tourist..' guest accommodations. There is a Guest House attached to Basilique du Sacré Coeur...but I think these accommodations are intended primarily for those seeking spiritual retreat

sacre-coeur-montmartre.com/us/formation.html

There are a couple of faith-based hostels that offer tourist guest accommodations--

http://www.cisp.fr/cisp/index.asp?ln=us

http://www.fiap.asso.fr/uk/

but I've a feeling this isn't quite what you had in mind.....and frankly, their rates don't seem much better than some basic/budget 2-star hotels out at the 'fringes' of Paris.

Though not quite what you want...A great all 'round choice (though not exactly bargain/budget) would be the HÔTEL des GRANDES ECOLES (3-star), 75 rue du Cardinal Lemoine, 75005, Metro: Maubert-Mutualité....which was a convent once upon a time, before it became a charming Left Bank hotel-- http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/

For novelty, there are the few guest rooms (not hospital rooms) within HÔTEL-HÔSPITEL DIEU on Île de la Cité-- http://www.hotel-hospitel.com/

Washington state
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monastery stays

The book "Lodging in France's Monasteries" lists only one for Paris: Foyer Saint-Jean Eudes, which it describes as a "1968 guest house." I don't know anything about it myself.

Address: 1, rue Jean Dolent, Paris (somewhere on the left bank).

No web address; phone: 0033 (0) 1 44 08 70 00.

USA
Level Contributor
27,722 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monastery stays

FOYER D'ÉTUDIANTS SAINT JEAN EUDES--

www.eudistes-france-afrique.org/Foyer_vie.htm

San Luis Obispo, CA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Monastery stays

The web address for FOYER D'ÉTUDIANTS SAINT JEAN EUDES no longer seems active. Do you happen to have a current address for them?

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monastery stays

The current web address is eudistes-france.com/foyer-saint-jean-eudes.p…

But you do know that "foyer d'étudiants" means that this is a student home, right?

Maybe this helps too (it mentions another foyer at the Avenue Friedland):

ad2000.com.au/articles/…nov2007p10_2671.html

New Jersey
Level Contributor
373 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monastery stays

While I've never stayed here, I've heard good things about Foyer Friedland. But as I recall, they have minimum stay requirements, which is why I didn't end up staying there.

Foyer Friedland, 23, avenue de Friedland, 75008, Paris; tel: (33) (0140) 76-30-30; fax: (0140) 76-30-00. This house is near Charles-de-Gaulle Etoile on the Metro, a mere 300 metres walk from the station.

USA
Level Contributor
27,722 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monastery stays

>>>Foyer Friedland, 23, avenue de Friedland, 75008, Paris; tel: (33) (0140) 76-30-30; fax: (0140) 76-30-00. This house is near Charles-de-Gaulle Etoile on the Metro, a mere 300 metres walk from the station<<<

Not sure that it still operates as '..Foyer Friedland.."...but there is still a retreat house for men at the same location, operating under the auspices of--

ASSOCIATION MAISON EYMARD--

maison-eymard.fr/maison/sejour_reservation.h…

8. Re: Monastery stays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 16:20
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monastery stays

KDKSAIL,

A note of appreciation for the postings on Foyer Friedland, Asssociation Maison Eymard and others.

This should be of considerable help in weighing my options (and budget) for the Fall of 2010.

Jeff

Edited: 26 March 2010, 22:08
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monastery stays

For anyone who is still searching for places named on this site, I've been successful in contacting Maison Eymard. As KDKSAIL mentioned, the full name is Association Maison Eymard and their website is www.maison-eymard.fr/.

I used Google translator to assist me in translating the emails to and from the manager, NGHIA NGUYEN at maison-eymard@wanadoo.fr

Having stayed at convents in the past, I decided to try the Eymard House for my first visit to Paris. I sent them the required 40 euro deposit using Western Union.

The information I first received from them with room prices had a date of 2008. However, they confirmed that the prices remain unchanged: 32 euros for a single, 52 for a double and 60 euros for a family room with breakfast included.

With the shared bathroom features, it may not be everyone’s' cup of tea.

Their information page also states that the duration may not be less than.....five nights for the foreign guests.

Another place mentioned by contributors to this site is

FOYER D'ÉTUDIANTS SAINT JEAN EUDES. I emailed them before I tried Maison Eymard but never received a reply.

Thanks again to everyone who has assisted me in my search.