We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about exchangng SNCF tickets

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Question about exchangng SNCF tickets

I bought tickets online several months ago for Paris to Bayeux. I'll be coming from CDG. I left about 4 hours between arrival at CDG and the time of the train at Gare St. Lazare for which I bought the tickets, although there is an earlier train I MIGHT be able to make if plans and connections go smoothly.

I'm wondering if I happen to get to the train station early, will they let me exchange my tickets for the earlier train to Bayeux without charging me more money?

Thanks.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,957 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about exchangng SNCF tickets

It depends on what type of ticket you have whether you will be able to exchange it and whether it will cost any more.

Assuming your plane is on time, and there's no long wait for a gate, and you don't have to be bussed from the plane to the terminal, it will still likely be an hour by the time you get through passport control, collect your bags, and get yourself to the RER station and purchase your ticket. Then, another hour to Gare Saint-Lazare. Once there, you'll probably want to use the rest rooms, find a bottle of water, perhaps something to eat, or even wander over to Starbucks across the street for coffee, before boarding your train. Gare Saint-Lazare is quite large, so you also need to familiarize yourself with the layout of the tracks/numbers so you can quickly locate yours once it's finally posted.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about exchangng SNCF tickets

Hi, djkbooks.... Thanks for the advice. If I get to the station with time to spare, I can always inquire at the ticket counter.

3. Re: Question about exchangng SNCF tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 08:19