We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

Toronto
4 posts
Save Topic
Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

I wanted to post this in case someone was looking to rent a furnished apartment in Paris and came across this location.

I was on the Lodgis.com website and came across an apartment that, according to the website, was available. It is currently listed as:

1 bedroom Apartment - approx. 40 m2, has air conditioning, space for four people, on the second floor with no elevator, modern yellow kitchen in the photos.

The dates I needed (8 days) were available so I contacted Lodgis. I received confirmation that the apartment was available and that a final confirmation with the owners was needed.

When the agent contacted me again, the owners had indicated that the apartment was not available the last day, and I was asked if I still wanted to book for the remaining 7 days. I responded that I did, and I received the contract/forms/information. I completed everything and faxed it in. A few days later I was contacted and informed that the first 2 days were no longer available, and I was told that the apartment was no longer available at all.

I almost thought about booking the remaining available dates and going from there but obviously the owners have no problem playing games with possible renters.

I'm not sure if this reflects poorly on Lodgis or simply on these owners. This whole process took 2-3 weeks, with delays between each e-mail, there was a slight delay caused by the agent getting the month wrong in terms of booking dates, and ultimately the information Lodgis had on its site had nothing to do with what was available.

1. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2008, 22:22
Irbid, Jordan
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

Hi Ednix,

I agree with you, Lodgis is the least organized agency. It gives wrong information about the apartments. You sign a contract for certain facilities you have, and you go to Paris to find none; no tv, no internet, no phone, no cd player; everything was there but never works.

Lodgis proved to be the worst rental agency I have ever had. My experience with Lodgis was in a small studio in 25 rue saint-marc, 75002. I coudn't sleep for 9 nights because it was very noisy, right above a night club that closes at 5:00 am.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

I have recently been looking at a short term lease of an apartment in Paris. After finding a suitable "available" apartment through Lodgis I filled in the paperwork and waited for further instructions. Having thought I had secured the apartment I also cancelled my interest in other apartments I had been looking at through other agencies. I then received an email (about 5 days later) stating that the previously available apartment that I had agreed upon was now not available.

Lodgis then offered other apartments that were available - upon which I selected another apartment. After the first “available” apartment was infact not available I then decided to once again look at other apartments with other agencies. After another day or so Lodgis replied that the apartments that I has chosen was available. Again I filled out the paperwork but continued looking at other apartments, as I did not trust Lodgis that this "available" apartment would infact be available.

After not hearing back from Lodgis for a couple of days I then agreed a rental with another company for another apartment - which by the way was very easy and very smooth and fully completed in under 2 days.

As it happened Lodgis then confirmed that the apartment was available (really available) and that I must pay the agent fee with 24 hours to secure this apartment. Now that I did not want to secure this apartment I let the 24 hours elapse thinking that would cancel my interest in the apartment.

After about 3 more days I then got another email requesting payment of the agent's fee with 24 hours to secure this apartment. Again I let this lapse.

I then got a phone call from Lodgis requesting that I pay the agent's fee - to which I explained that I no longer wanted the apartment.

I then got an email again demanding payment of the agent's fee with 24 hours regardless of whether or not I was taking the apartment. I explained once again what had happened and after not hearing anything for about 10 days thought the situation was closed.

Today I have received an email threatening court action unless I pay the 275euro agent fee. As I have explained the situation several times already I have decided to ignore this email.

Before today I would not have recommended Lodgis due to the difficultly in securing an apartment.

Now I would strongly recommend avoiding Lodgis altogether. Any company that threatens legal action of a customer over a matter born from their own incompetence is to be avoided.

Should the situation change I will be sure to update this message.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

Ednix,

Logis can be slow. It's their "Frenchness". It took me about 3 months to get my apt.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

It's one thing to be "slow", which, to me, in inexcusable. It's another to be so inefficient, especially when there's a hefty agency fee and a staff of thirty to handle rental inquiries.

I don't think this is "Frenchness" at all. Whenever I've booked apartments or hotel rooms, some are prompt and responsive, others are not. If they're not, I move on - as I consider this to be a red flag.

It may be that the owners of these apartments are listed with more than one agency and are slow to respond and/or wait until they receive their deposit to finalize a booking, so that an apartment is not held for your requested dates even long enough to allow for processing of the paperwork.

Some years ago, I was interested in one of the apartments, and experienced similar difficulties. And, I could not get a straight answer regarding "For your reservation you must provide a comprehensive residential insurance certificate, if requested by the landlord." or the cost thereof, or acceptable methods of payment for the deposit, balance of the rent, etc. And, I wasn't comfortable dealing with an agency at first, then an individual owner after that.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

Here's the thing: With so many reliable, efficient agencies/owners out there, why would you even deal with an agency or someone who doesn't give you a calm feeling throughout the ENTIRE rental process???

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

Agree 100% with Happygoin. Move on. There are thousands of rentals out there.

And, as to an agency demanding their agency fee under not so kosher/perhaps not legal booking (in this case no booking) procedures, I do not know all the facts, but at first read, I would advise them that I'd be happy to speak with whatever 'authorities' they wish to report me to. They might be very interested in the lack of professional business procedures being practiced. I do not like being threatened.

Ossie
Level Contributor
57 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

We are ready to book an apartment with Lodgis but cannot for the life of me understand what the comprehensive residential insurance certificate is.

Does anyone know?

In one paragraph they state it's complimentary and the next they were to send us the links in order to calculate the cost.

I'm totally confused and they can't explain in English what they mean.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris forum: 38, Rue Réaumur 75003 Paris France - LODGIS

Kierren have you read this thread? Personally I would not even contemplate this company.