We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

We are arriving in Paris on the evening of July 1st.It is for our first anniversary and a dream come true for me. We will then be there for 3 full days. I have never been to Paris before. Please tell me all the "must sees". If you would be kind enough to tell me in what order would be the best to see them (as far as location and timing and things) and how to get to them also ( subways, etc.), that would be great! I know it is a lot to ask, but I am a little confused. We are staying at a hotel near the Louvre.

Then the next day, we are taking the TGV to Nice.Thank-you so much!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

There is so much to do and see in Paris you are the only one that can choose based on your interests.

I suggest you research online and decide.

This was more or less my itinerary of 3 days (2 1/2 years back) - my must sees were:

Louvre (at least 3 hours for just the masterpieces)

Notre Dame and Sante Chapelle

Walk around Ile St Louis

Pompidou Center (if you not interested in modern art, just hang out the plaza in the back and side of it and check out the Stravinsky Fountain)

Go to an outdoor market (need to research days/hrs)

Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomph (go up for the view)

Eiffel Tower

Seine cruise (ours left from under the Eiffel T at night)

You may want to leave most of the third day to go to Versailles (I have not been, but have heard it is beautiful)- in the evening perhaps Montmartre

I separated it in three parts, but please do your research for hours opened and how to get there.

You may print (in color) a plan of the metro which is very easy to follow.

Good luck

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

Sorry, I just realized it did not come out with the spacing as I put it. I meant to separate as:

Day 1 - Louvre, Notre Dame, Ile St. Louis, Pompidou Center

Day 2 - Oudoor Market, Champs Elysees / Arc de Triomph. Eiffel Tower, Seine Cruise

Day 2 - Versailles, Montmartre

Nice
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

Good choice.

For every museum you'll be able to buy a pass in advance. For the Eiffel Tower it's differet and the best advice I could give you is to go there early in order not to queue too long. At peak periods of the day, you could be queuing more than an hour, and this is a lot when only staying 3 days.

Nice
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

The metro is very convenient. Buy 10 tickets at a time to save money.

A map of the metro is available on ratp.info/picts/plans/pdf/reseaux/metro.pdf

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

The must sees are very easy to find, in any guide book, on any website (you should browse a recent thread here on Paris best websites, very intreresting)!

Buy a guide book, and please come back with more precise questions!

As far as public transportation is concerned, here again the métro maps that is essential:

www.ratp.info/orienter/cv/carteparis.php

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

adoreeurope's 3-day itinerary is wonderful. If there are other things you would like to see, then please ask us questions and we will try to be of help.

The one thing I would add is a self-tour of the Opera Garnier. The ceiling of the theatre was painted by Marc Chagall. That, and every single other place your eyes land within that beautiful architectural wonderful, are amazing. I also encourage walking around the outside of the building too. One would expect Cinderella's carriage to arrive momentarily. (Absolutely do not miss the inside of this masterpiece.) The last entry is at 4:30pm.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

I still havent had time to write up our report of Paris but the one thing I can say very quickly is to be fairly relaxed about an itinerary...Make time to sit and watch the world go by.....My husband and I took a bottle of wine onto one of the bridges at night to watch the tower light up....magical! I will never forget it and I cannot wait to go back!

Trish x

Paris
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

I am a French pro guide in Paris so don't hesitate to contact me if you need further information !

good itineraries above but I would say Versailles only for one day ....Csstle and the Gardens.

I can suggest you to guide you for half day or full fay as your convenience in the center of Paris if you want to gain time with maps and transportation and talk to you about history of Paris...and that city won't have anymore secrets....

Marie

9. Re: Paris for 3 days- please help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 05:23