We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment in Paris

sacramento...
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
apartment in Paris

Has anyone ever rented from Parler Paris? I am considering an apartment in the Maris district (on Temple) for 4 nights with my 2 teens in August. Is Temple a good street to be on? Parler have been responsive so far. Thank you!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
572 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.40*
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment in Paris

never heard about them. Apartments looks great, just a bit expensive in euros, but your choice. We usually rent with www.vacactioninparis.com, office in New Jersey, prices in usdollars. Of course for august, could be late for a deal ...

sacramento...
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment in Paris

Thanks for your reply. Actually, the price, I think, is pretty good-$216 a night with lots of amenities. I have been in touch with vacationsinparis also-looking at 192 or 16. Have you rented either of these? What do you think of Maris area vs Les halles?

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment in Paris

we are absolute lovers of the 6th ... we usually rent the id 122 at st andré des arts (Vacationinparis) ...about your idea, i would prefer le Marais than les Halles ...but definitely the 6th is more attractive ....

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment in Paris

I haven't heard of Parler Paris. You might try iloveparisapartments.com. I think the Marais is great for many reasons. I'd stay away from Les Halles area (not so safe, clean).

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,166 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment in Paris

Hi taylorfam: I have heard of Parler Paris. Adrian Leeds, an ex-pat, does a blog and she also owns some properties she rents out.

I haven't rented from her but I recently wrote her an email and asked her to take me off her email mailing list. She has made some negative comments about America--just slightly insulting it's politically correct to bash America comments--and I had enough. I wrote to her explaining that I didn't like when she did that. She wrote me a scathing email, partially blaming me for something I never said and partially just filled with hate about me. I got myself taken off her blog list.

As far as I can tell, her blog is more about getting publicity for her apartments--to get them rented. She also offers workshops to help people buy property in Paris.

I would never rent from her. But that's me.

The Marais is a very popular neighborhood to stay in. It is considered the Jewish/gay neighborhood. However, lots of people who don't fit either of these categories live there and stay there while visiting. Rue de Temple is a good location. If you are going to be hanging around that area, be sure to get a falafel at L'As du Falafel on Rue des Rosiers in the Marais. Yummy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apartment in Paris

OK, I'm too late for your trip in August but this may be useful to others. We stayed for 5 nights in Le Provencal - a Parler Paris apartment - late August. It was excellent. Adrian herself showed us round. We didn't want for anything as it was so thoughtfully furnished and 'stocked' and it was extremely comfortable. We had some friends stay in Attic Lumiere just up the road (another Parler Paris apartment) and they were equally impressed. We've been to Paris loads of times and this is the first time we have stayed in an apartment. Even if it wasn't for the fact that we are now buying our own apartment in Paris we would never stay in a hotel again after this experience. It was so nice going to the market and coming back and cooking our own lunch, sardines, cheeses, fruit and bread - delicious and so relaxing, no worrying about the maid turning up when you least want it. Although we didn't use Parler Paris's services to buy our apartment, we have approached them to act as our letting agent as we were so impressed with our stay there.

sacramento...
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apartment in Paris

We ended up renting from Vacation In Paris. We had a large 1 bedroom place dirctly acrosss the street from the Orsay. Fantastic location, internet, washer/dryer, great kitchen and very roomy. Great price and VIP was easy to deal with. Only negative was the apartment was on the ground floor-so we couldn't leave the windows open. I highly recommend the apartment route-much for flexible and great to have a refrigerator-especially with kids.

8. Re: apartment in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 19:17