We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Cinq Menu/Prices

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Le Cinq Menu/Prices

Hi all.

DH and I are going to Paris for the weekend in early September and are staying at George V. We have dinners booked at Le Cinq and Bateaux Parisienne and lunch at Jules Verne on our last day. Since booking all this, we rather foolishly booked another week in Mexico the preceding week and a night at Le Manoir at the end of this month, so budgets are a little tighter than originally anticipated. I am trying to ensure we budget enough for all we plan to do whilst there but I have been unable to find any idea of prices for dinner at Le Cinq as the website does not list any prices.

Does anyone who has been recently for dinner know if they do a tasting menu with paired wines and if so, what the cost of this would be?

Many thanks

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Cinq Menu/Prices

have a look on :

bestrestaurantsparis.com/restaurant-paris/de…

well, prices are rather high !!

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,743 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Cinq Menu/Prices

http://simonandbaker.com/le_cinq.html

5 course light tasting menu was €120. Wine would be extra.

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Cinq Menu/Prices

Thanks both for the help. One of the link was referring to lunch and the other I could not tell which were lunch/dinner and whether they did a tasting menu with wines so I emailed them direct. Just in case it helps anyone else, they do have a dinner tasting menu but it does not come with paired wines (although obviously the sommelier can provide paired wines by the glass). They emailed me a copy of the current menu and I have pasted this below:

MENU GOURMAND DECOUVERTE

GOURMET TASTING MENU

Spécialités de saison pour l’ensemble de vos convives

Seasonal specialities for all tastes

CARPACCIO DE BAR DE LIGNE

aux artichauts violets et citron de Sicile

LINE-FISHED SEA BASS CARPACCIO

purple artichokes and lemon from Sicile

FOIE GRAS DE CANARD VENDEEN

au poivre Sarawak, rhubarbe et fraises au jus de Sureau

DUCK FOIE GRAS FROM THE VENDÉE REGION

with pepper from Sarawak, rhubarb and strawberries with elder juice

DEMI HOMARD BLEU « PECHE AU CASIER »

cuit sur sel aux aromates, jus au naturel

fenouil et gnocchis

NET-FISHED SEMI BLUE LOBSTER

Cook with salt and spices, natural juice

Fennel and gnocchis with brousse cheese

CARRE D’AGNEAU DU POITOU

rôti à l’Orientale, harissa frais, jeunes légumes aux fruits secs

RACK OF LAMB FROM THE LOZÈRE REGION

Roasted Oriental-style, fresh harissa, new vegetables and dried fruits

SELECTION DE NOS MAITRES FROMAGERS

OUR « MAITRE FROMAGER » CHEESE SELECTION

CROQUANT DE FRUITS ROUGES

à l’hibiscus, sorbet framboise/violette

CRISPY DELIGHT WITH RED FRUITS

and hibiscus, raspberry and violet sorbet

SOUFFLE CHOCOLAT PUR CARAÏBES

sorbet à l’abricot frais et au safran

CARIBBEAN CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE

fresh apricot and saffron sorbet

210€ (HORS BOISSONS – EXCLUDING BEVERAGE )

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Cinq Menu/Prices

well Shelly, is it well worth to spend such a time at table ? and secondly ... do you really think that 210 euros is the price of what you eat. Certainely not, you pay for the Georges V environnement. Better use the money to dine in a well known and well quoted restaurant in Paris, owned by the cook ...you know that the money go in his pocket ...that's of course my own and humble idea about that ....

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Cinq Menu/Prices

Well that I can only really answer after we've been. All I can say is that Le Cinq is on my (long) list of places to visit/places to dine which we have been gradually working our way through for the last few years so I obviously do not wish to miss the opportunity of dining there whilst we are in Paris.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Cinq Menu/Prices

is that your vow, so enjoy it. We have been in the same situation a long time ago, when we have discovered Girardet in Switzerland, Haeberlin in Alsace, Paul Bocuse near Lyon, Georges Blanc in Vonnas, and some others ....Now we have change our mind, it's a time for everything ....

Calgary, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Cinq Menu/Prices

Enjoy your time at Le Cinq! I was there for lunch last week and it was fantastic.

8. Re: Le Cinq Menu/Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 14:21