We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going self catering in Paris

N Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Going self catering in Paris

Hi everyone,

I want to go for a break of seven/eight days to Paris at the end of August and am looking advice on accommodation.

I want to go self-catering, where there are cooking facilities. Somewhere clean, inexpensive and close to the centre would be ideal.

I'm a single male traveller in my twenties and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going self catering in Paris

It's a little late, so you'll have to get busy.

First - go to www.venere.com and see if they have anything that interests you in your price range. Their listings cover hotels, B&Bs and apartments, and small inns.

Additionally, do a search for apartment rentals and apartment agencies here on the forum - there are a number of threads that cover this information in detail.

The sites in Paris are not as centralized as in some cities, so several locations are popular. The Marais and the Latin quarter are two areas to consider. A decent guide book should help you decide which areas most interest you - so get one.

Bonne chance.

2. Re: Going self catering in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2008, 03:32
new york
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going self catering in Paris

Be careful whom you rent from and be aware that some pictures you see on the web site, are not the ones you will encounter. We had a horrible experience with an owner who advertised a site which looked very good and was all run down and broken when we get to the apartment

simpsonville,sc
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going self catering in Paris

Brenda ,wouldn't it be helpful to tell us who you rented from and where this bad apartment is?

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going self catering in Paris

We stayed at a place on Ile St. Louis that was listed on www.vrbo.com and had no problems. If you do a search on the forum for "apartment" or "apartment rentals" you'll find a lot of sites that list rental apartments. I think www.vacationsinparis.com is one of them.

6. Re: Going self catering in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 15:30