We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Paris to Venice

Portland
13 posts
Save Topic
Flying from Paris to Venice

Looking to fly from Paris to Venice in September. There are a lot of those cheap airlines that make the trip but having a hard time figuring out which ones are the most dependable, etc. Has anyone done this trip before and if so could you share your experience? Thanks.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
338 reviews
from US$60.78*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,248 reviews
from US$105.76*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
532 reviews
from US$43.76*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
660 reviews
from US$108.19*
Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

I took the train from Paris to Venice last September. I made that decision after not being able to find a flight that worked in my schedule and budget. It is an overnight train so you can sleep and wake-up in beautiful Venice. Just wanted to offer an option in case you cannot find a flight.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
423 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

Willa1,

I did that trip, but just the reverse. Venice to Paris. We took Ryan air. All went fine. Because they travel from smaller airports you have to allow time to get there. We took a bus from Venice (across the canal from the train station) to the airport. Then after landing we took another shuttle bus into paris (about an hour on a very nice bus)to Porte Maillot where you can either hop the metro into town or grab a cab. Of course you will be doing all this in reverse.

I've read on TA that there are some other cheap airlines that fly out of Orly. Hopefully someone with that information will read your post.

Linda

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

Easyjet fly from CDG to Venice.

Fares in Sept start at around €38, but those are limited to certain days.

Be aware that with EJ you pay extra for checked bags (carry on bags can be as heavy as YOU can put in the overhead lockers), and for purchase by credit card (as opposed to debit card - but the EJ site wouldn't accept either of my two debit cards, so I ended up paying the CC supplement :-( )

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

I should clarify my previous post: the maximum dimension of carry on bags is 55x40x20cm.

Within that limit, they can be as heavy as you can lift. Between Geneva and Nice, my backpack must have weighed 15Kg!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

We flew Ryanair from Venice to Paris. The airport used in France is at Beauvais, about 1.25 hours or so from Paris. The shuttle will pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight at Port Maillot. You can take a taxi or metro there. When landing in Treviso, Italy (about 12 miles from Venice), another shuttle picks you up and takes you to Piazze le Roma in Venice. You buy your shuttle tickets directly on the bus. The flights are consistently on time. But you will pay a lot of money if you go over the luggage allowance, which you can find on their website. And you are only allowed one (no exception) piece of carry on luggage. If that's your purse, that's it. No more.

If you can deal with their strict policies, it's worth the money. And it can be far cheaper than taking a train. You'll have to decide if it will work for you, but we've taken Ryanair a number of times without a problem.

Have fun!

Vicki

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

If you don't mind the money, we flew Air France direct for $325 return per person. You leave from CDG and get to Venice in about 1.5 hr or so. Lot less trouble than going to Beauvais IMHO

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

<<And you are only allowed one (no exception) piece of carry on luggage. If that's your purse, that's it. No more.>>

I had no trouble taking both a purse (smallish, but big enough for my keys, wallet, passport, phone, etc) and a backpack on Easyjet flights.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

Hi Kiwi,

I'm sure that's true, but I wouldn't want to be the one risking it, unless your purse will actually fit inside your carry on bag and you can demonstrate that. If they choose to enforce the rule, you sure don't want to be paying their hefty fees for excess baggage.

My theory is that it's better to be safe than broke!

Vicki

9. Re: Flying from Paris to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 20:19