We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Paris Hideaways' apartment

Adelaide
14 posts
Save Topic
'Paris Hideaways' apartment

Does anyone have a review or information about apartments let by 'Paris Hideaways'?

The company also goes under the name of 'Charming Hideaways' and has this web address:

http://studio.provaction.com/

Although they have some very nice apartments there are almost no reviews about the company or the apartments even though they have been operating for at least a year. The only review found was this item:

www.slowtrav.com/france/vr/review.asp?n=2890

British Columbia
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

We used them in 2007 to rent an apartment. It was our first time renting an apartment, and we found it very easy. You pay a deposit through the agency, and once that is received everything is handled then through the owner directly.

We loved our experience with them. Perhaps we got lucky and had a great owner, but we would easily recommend them.

Adelaide
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

thanks ParisianHoneymooner

ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

Bonjour;

We used this company last summer. The responses from the agency and the owner were quick. I liked that the deposit was small and we could pay by Paypal. The security deposit was paid on arrival to the owner's representative as a cheque in my own country's currency, and was returned (uncashed) when we checked out.

The owner's representative met us at the apartment and waited even though we were delayed. He was helpful.

The apartment itself was OK, and was pretty much as represented in the pictures on the website. It could have been cleaner- it was dusty in places- but it certainly wasn't filthy. It was our first time renting so I have nothing to compare it too. We did like the area, and really liked that it was a real Parisian neighbourhood.

I think that things like neighbourhood, proximity to busy streets, immediate neighbours and the general atmosphere of an area are difficult to judge from pictures and can contribute to your enjoyment of an apartment. Ask about these factors too when making inquiries.

So the company seemed to be legitimate and all the administrative issues went smoothly. A positive experience.

Have fun!

Kloof, South Africa
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

I used them back in 2004 for a Montreal rental. They are 100% kosher. Everything went very smoothely and all dealings were handled very professionally. I was totally impressed with the quality of accommodation and would not hesitate to use them again. I have recommended them to friends and colleagues.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

My husband and I recently booked the Faubourg apartment through Paris Hideaways. Our trip is in Spring though, so I can't give you information on the apartment itself, but the booking and administrative process has been really easy and professional.

We corresponded with the company, who took our small deposit through Paypal and referred us to contact the owner to set up arrival and departure times etc. The owner has been very nice to deal with and we have spoken a few times through email.

We are looking forward to our stay and so far from our experience, I would recommend this company.

Mentioned in this post
Le Faubourg Hotel
Le Faubourg Hotel
152 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Houston
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

Hi Nicolas,

I noticed your post because I'm using this agency to lease an apartment in June. I'd like to hear about your experience if you've returned from your trip. I've put down a deposit to book the Vogue apartment. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Kim

Mentioned in this post
Nicolas
Nicolas
110 Reviews
Paris, France
Kim
Kim
52 Reviews
Paris, France
Bremerton, WA
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

We rented "RendezVous" through Paris Hideaways and it was so bad we had to spend another $1,000 for a hotel for the remaining six nights of our rental. After arriving, we were informed we had to clean it and launder the bedding and towels. It was so dark, we couldn't read except in the bathroom. I awoke with two bug bites. The vacuum didn't work so who knows how long it had been before the floor had been cleaned. The bathroom was a horror - the floor was so old and in such bad condition (even tho' tiled) that it was impossible to determine if it was clean. I didn't dare walk on the floors in bare feet.

If this is indicative of the agency's inspection, I'd stay far, far, away from any of their properties.

Only positive - the booking was easy, the owner nice and he returned our deposit in full. Of course, using it to only cook our meals and do our laundry, we weren't there much to do any damage.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Milusine
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

Hi, just want to add my 2 cents about our experience. I have used Paris Hideaways many times and always found them to be very very helpful and professional. I actually stayed in the Rendez-Vous recently so can provide more info.

The apartment is a small studio, very charming with wood beams. It is not the brightest flat because it is after all a first floor inside courtyard so not flooded with lights. We found the apartment clean, comfy, charming.

The floor in the bathroom is 18th century terracota tiles left in their rough original condition. A real piece of antiques really...

The owner did ask us to leave the flat tidy explaining that all he wanted was for us to take out trash and do our dishes and also please start the wash. I did not find it a problem, I think it is fair enough. I was not renting a hotel room but a private home.

Paris Hideaways offers some of the best deals of all the agencies we have seen. Then again you cannot expect a palace if you pay the price of a youth hostel.

Anyway, I WOULD use them again and recommend them to everyone who go to Paris. Their timely response, the service they provide and dedicated customer service is top notch. They are an honest and legit company.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
London
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

Hi there,

I just got back from my trip to Paris, and I actually stayed at the Rendez Vous apartment too and I loved it, especially for the price. It was not a luxury apartment, obviously, as I believe it was the cheapest one on entire Paris Hideaways website. For 400EUR a week I stepped right out of my apartment right into Le Marais and was in the heart of Paris! As that person above just proved - a hotel would have cost more than double that!

It wasn't most well-lit apartment, but I found no problem reading from about 10 of the excellent guidebooks left in the room to plan my spontaneous trip to Versailles on Saturday - which I could have never done without all of the handy help in the room!

The owner was a sweetheart and was super accommodating to my needs. Of course we cleaned up after ourselves and took out the garbage etc, its an apartment, not a hotel,so the point is taking care of yourself. I didn't find his requests for us to leave the apartment clean unreasonable at all.

I would stay with Paris Hideaways again for sure, no question.

Hope that answers your question!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Le Marais
Le Marais
11,453 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
New Jersey
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 'Paris Hideaways' apartment

Hi Kim,

I am in the process of booking the Vogue for October and would realy appreciate hearing about your experience and how the apartment was.

Thank you,

Rebeca

Mentioned in this post
Kim
Kim
52 Reviews
Paris, France