We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montparnasse tower and cemetary

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, GB
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Topic
Montparnasse tower and cemetary

We will be visting the viewing floor in the Montparnasse Tower, would also like to visit the Montparnasse cemetary.Does anyone know if they are fairly close together (not really sure of the size of the Montparnasse area )Also woold it be possible to do both in half a day ?

Thanks

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,679 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montparnasse tower and cemetary

Hi,

The two are very close together and can easily be done in half a day.

Cheers

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
165 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montparnasse tower and cemetary

Its literally a few blocks away...best view of the city and no crowds, waiting like at the Eiffel or Arc. The Cemetary is only open at certain hours though, so check that out.

USA
Level Contributor
27,332 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montparnasse tower and cemetary

Depending on where you enter Cimetière du Montparnasse...perhaps an easy 500-800 meters.

If you visit Cimetière du Montparnasse-- www.findagrave.com/php/famous.php… --be sure to stop by and pay your respect to the Pigeons-- www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi…

Florida
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montparnasse tower and cemetary

This should tell you everything you want to know about Cimetiere du Montparnasse:

www.paris.fr/portail/viewmultimediadocument…

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montparnasse tower and cemetary

A cemetery buff friend of mine took me to the Cemetery Montparnasse and showed me around. I could plainly see Le Tour Montparnasse up close and personal so I decided to go there and see the view from the 56th floor. It is fabulous.

6. Re: Montparnasse tower and cemetary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 04:16