We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
126 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

While the economy is busy finding new lows, my portfolio is in the red, neither presidential (or VP) candidate impresses, and I have a headache to boot, I wonder aloud whether it would be a good time to plan for a visit to Paris in late November?

Yes, being the all-too-frequent armchair traveler, I have taken the liberty of confirming availability for flights with good connections and fares, and our favorite hotel in the Left Bank is available at a good rate. We can make it there and back on a somewhat reasonable air/hotel budget.

Of course, we savvy travelers know that getting to and staying in Paris is one thing, but remaining there is another, what with all the airport transfers, museums, metro tickets, souvenirs, postcards, stamps, food, wine, pastry, baguettes, pate, crepes....

I note that someone in this forum updates regularly the falling Euro (compared to the U.S. dollar), so maybe by the time late November arrives, the Euro will have fallen even further.

So with a little extra time on my hands, I post this query. What do you think?

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

Stay home.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,144 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

The way the Dow is going currently, I suggest you seek refugee status in France.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

No, I'm already competing for that slot!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,144 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

Lol!! Metromole.

Thanks for making me laugh as my retirement plan sinks deeper and deeper into the mire....

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

We're all in it together beanalainn. I think mine has already sunk. What can I say? Time for a pint.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,144 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

Cheers and good night.

I had 14 bottles of rather nice French wine delivered today so big cheers all round!!

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
423 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

Hoo boy, I don't know if I could go with this economy :-(. I'm glad we went in April when all we had to worry about was the falling dollar. Those were the good ole days.

As to my rapidly declining IRA, I not only haven't looked at my portfolio in the past several days, when the economic news comes on TV I cover my ears and sing LA LA LA at the top of my lungs. It's a real stress reliever :-).

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

Life is short -- come to Paris! Lots happening in November, and it's quieter in the first two weeks when many are away on school vacation.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

In the middle of all this s**t, I think 14 bottles of French wine is absolutely inspiring. Salut!

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To Go or Not To Go--That is the Question

«Those were the good ole days»

Amen