We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

This is a topic that is sure to raise some hackles. Let's start with:

1. Restaurants that have pictures of the food and the menu is in 4 languages

2. Moulin Rouge

Please help me finish the rest.....

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,931 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

The Latin Quarter

France
Level Contributor
322 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

We could ask the same question about NYC as although they do it with a smile I was 'done' I felt a few times.

3. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 December 2015, 22:00
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

Pixfield, with respect, these "lists" of yours always end up enflaming someone and it ends in a big war of words. I'm sorry, but enough already with the lists.

USA
Level Contributor
27,924 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

1.)--Tour Eiffel

2.)--Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris

3.)--Musée du Louvre

4.)--Avenue des Champs Élysées

5.)--Musée d'Orsay

6.)--Arc de Triomphe

7.)--River Seine

8.)--Hôtel des Invalides

9.)--Centre Pompidou

10.)--________________(fill-in-the-blank)

Every one '..traps..' hordes of camera totin' tourists every day that they are open to the public. One person's 'trap' may be another's 'treasure'.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

La Place du Tertre at Montmarte and its surrounding eateries.

Farmington Hills, MI
Level Contributor
311 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

I personally like your lists.

Definitely the Latin Quarter, especially with all those people trying to talk you in to their restaurants. (I must say, however, that we had quite a good meal in one of those restaurants when it was a rainy night and we were exhausted and just wanted to sit and eat. I was quite surprised.)

USA
Level Contributor
27,924 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

>>>Definitely the Latin Quarter, especially with all those people trying to talk you in to their restaurants.<<<

That's just marginal nonsense. The area you've described is the few square block of the north-western 'corner' of the 5eme-Latin Quarter---Place Saint Michel/rue de la Huchette/rue de la Harpe...and pretty much condemns by association, all of the rest of the 5eme-Latin Quarter arrondissement/district and it's attractions to ignominy---Musée du Moyen Age-Cluny, Pantheon, Arènes de Lutèce, Jardin des Plantes Eglise Saint Sèverin, Eglise Saint Julien le Pauvre, Eglise Saint Etienne du Mont, Val de Grace, Institut de Arabe Monde, Place de la Contrescarpe, Val de Grace, the street markets at Maubert-Mutualité, rue Monge, rue Mouffetard.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

KDKSAIL, I couldn't agree with you more. I love the 5eme, especially south of the Blvd. St. Germain -- all those places you mentioned -- nothing tourist trappy about it. Having said this, I do avoid the down-market area respresented by the rue Huchette/Harpe etc.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top Ten Tourist Traps in Paris

Granted, many of these places are tourist traps but it's not to say they don't have value. To me, a tourist trap equals no value and I can't see how NOT visiting the Eiffel Tower is of no value.

I have been fortunate enough to visit Paris more than once, and I am able to explore and do other things than the usual on return visits; however, if I had plans to visit Paris only once, I wouldn't skip any of the tourist traps thus far, except for the Moulin Rouge. I'd rather spend my time exploring what the city has to offer than be trapped for a couple of hours watching a show.