We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Prima Lepic or Timhotel Montmartre?

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Prima Lepic or Timhotel Montmartre?

My boyfriend and I are going to Paris next weekend (for the first time!) and have decided to stay in the Montmartre area. We are trying to decide between the Hotel Prima Lepic or Timhotel Montmartre. Has anyone stayed at either of these? If so, your feedback and recommendations would be great. Thanks!

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Prima Lepic or Timhotel Montmartre?

There are dozens of reviews here on the forum for each of these hotels. Just type each into the search box and read what comes up.

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Prima Lepic or Timhotel Montmartre?

For next week-end you have to make a reservation now, as many hotels can be fully booked even in low season. What makes you want to stay in Montmartre? It is lovely but far out, as you are only there for a week-end you will have more travel time (not a big deal with the metro) but also after a long tiring day you will have to go uphill to Timhotel (i don't know the location for Prima Lepic as you don't give the adress). For a first time, i would definitely stay closer to the river Seine : 5th or 6th are in the middle of action

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Prima Lepic or Timhotel Montmartre?

But if you are really set on staying in Montmartre, then Prima Lepic is closer to foodstores (many on rue Lepic) but the metro Line from Blanche square is line 2 which is less convenient, as you have to change. Timhotel has line 12 at Abbesses square down the hill from the hotel (5 minutes but steep on the way up) which is more convenient to go into town

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Prima Lepic or Timhotel Montmartre?

Hi,

I've stopped at Prima Lepic and would not hesitate to stop there again!

We have concidered timhotel but it is futher up the hill and when we went the Prima Lepic was cheaper!

Its about 5-6 doors up from the cafe used in Amile and you can watch the street life below - great fun. Although it is on the road we found no problem with noise, the staff we're great, less than 5 minutes from the metro, loads of places to get a coffe or a pastry.

The hotel was clean comfy and warm and we had no problems at all. The rooms are not huge but are quite roomy by paris satndards, we've recommended the gotel to a friend who has booked it for an upcoming trip. I don't know of a reason not to stop there, and we will again!

Hope you get some info from someone who has stayed at Timhotel so you can weigh the two up, whatever you decide book quick and have a great trip!

Joanne.x.

5. Re: Hotel Prima Lepic or Timhotel Montmartre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 09:19