We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

Am planning my 4th trip to Paris, but, 2nd for my husband. Going in mid-June for a Sunday and Monday night (2 nights). Hubbie isn't keen on big cities, and experienced an attempted theft on the metro last time. So, am looking for a place with some ambience, not too expensive (no more than 150 Euros per night), clean, quiet, and in a safe neighborhood to walk in, and easy to get to metro and transportation from CDG airport. Daughter and I liked our big room at Hotel Langlois, which now has air conditioning (140 or 150 Euros for a double). For shopping, Hotel Langlois was definitely a better location than Hotel de Grandes Ecoles where stayed with hubbie (in any case, Grandes Ecoles doesn't take reservations until February), but, this time will be with non-shopping hubbie. Would love a place that is walking distance to a market, cafes etc. What do you think of Hotel Muguet (140 Euros) or New Orient Hotel (93 Euros)? Any other suggestions?

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

I've rerely heard anything bad about the Hotel Muguet. The neighborhood is certainly clean, quiet and safe with a number of good restaurants in the area. It is about three short blocks from the Ecole Militaire metro.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

make that rarely

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,726 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

We stayed at the Muguet in June 2007 and would highly recommend it. The location was great, quiet street but very close to so much. Metro stop was about a block away. Lots of restaurants, etc nearby. The hotel itself was nice...our rooms were actually much larger than we anticipated, and they were well kept (no wear and tear showing) and very clean. The staff was helpful when we had a few requests. They do not want you bringing food back to your room, but that is the only quirk that I can think of. Overall, it is a good solid hotel and I would stay there again.

ALBUQUERQUE
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

Muguet has been our choice for our last four visits. Good location, quiet, safe, easy access to rue Cler, restaurants, tour Eiffel and metro.

Best,

Taco Tom

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

Hi again. Has anyone stayed at New Orient Hotel? Any thoughts about that area (would save us about $38 per night)? thanks.

USA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

Hi. Another vote for the Hotel Muguet. I stayed there last November (Thanksgiving week) and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is clean and in a nice neighborhood with lots of close restaurants.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
423 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

At the risk of appearing to jumping on the band wagon, I cast another vote for the Muguet. I took my adult daughters at the end of April and I worried that the area would be too quiet for them but they loved it as much as I did. An easy walk to the Rue Cler and all it's shops and restaurants as well as the metro.

Linda

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

You convinced us! :) Just sent in our credit card information for Muguet.

Suggestions of where to eat breakfast nearby? Or dinner near the Eiffel tower (one of my favorite memories is visiting the Branly at night and then walking to the Eiffel tower--want to share that experience with my hubbie)?

Marietta, Ga
Level Contributor
117 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

Stayed at Hotel Muguet in July 2007 and had a great time.

We also enjoyed the bakery on Rue Cler, it had both excellent bread and pastries, a rare find at one place.

A place we always enjoy for dinner is Leo le Lion. Small, quaint, and Very Good food and service.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,082 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Muguet, New Orient or Other budget/moderate hotel?

I recall reading several recommendations for Cafe la Source for breakfast and other meals.. 49 blvd de la Tour Maubourg. (ex. hotel reviews for the BW Tour Eiffel and Splendid)