We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

Glasgow
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

Hi

wonder if anyone could recommend a good restaurant in the 6th. My husband and I travel to Paris on the 4th Dec - looking for a nice place to eat near Odeon on the Friday (5th). We plan to eat at Brasserie Balzar on the 4th, and Bofinger on the 6th so looking for a recommendation for the Friday night. Nothing too pricey - somewhere with great French atmosphere... ideas I have are Brasserie Lipp (too touristy?), La Medittaranee, Le Reminet and Petit Prince (I've eaten at the latter 2 but its been a while)...

If anyone has any great suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks in advance!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
USA
Level Contributor
28,167 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

RESTAURANT ALLARD--41 rue Saint André des Arts (at rue de l'Eperon, 75006, Metro: Odeon--

bestrestaurantsparis.com/restaurant-paris/de…

RESTAURANT Le CHRISTINE--1 rue Christine (at rue des Grands Augustins) 75006, Metro: Odeon--

http://www.restaurantlechristine.com/

ROTISSERIE d'EN FACE--2 rue Christine (at rue des Grands Augustins), 75006, Metro: Odeon--

http://www.jacquescagna.com/usardf.htm

FISH--69 rue de Seine, 75006, Metro: Mabillon--

http://www.yikes.com/~patty/html/fish.html

La MÉDITERRANÉE--2 Place de la Odeon, 75006, Metro: Odeon--

http://www.la-mediterranee.com/

RESTAURANT VEGENENDE--142 Blvd. Saint Germain (at rue Gregoire de Tours), 75006, Metro: Odeon & Mabillon--

http://www.vagenende.fr/

For lunches and light suppers--

BISTROT MAZARINE--42 rue Mazarine (at rue Jacques Callot),75006, Metro: Mabillon--

La PALETTE--43 rue de Seine (at rue Jacques Callot), 75006, Metro: Mabillon--

CRÊPERIE des ARTS--27 rue Saint Andre des Arts (at rue Git-le-Coeur), 75006, Metro: Saint Michel--

CRÊPERIE SAINT ANDRÉ des ARTS--56 rue Saint André des Arts, 75006, Metro: Odeon--

For breakfasts, lunches or light suppers--

CAFÉ Les EDITEURS--4 Carrefour de l'Odeon (st Blvd. St. Germain), 75006, Metro: Odeon--

http://www.lesediteurs.fr/

And do a basic Search of this TS forum, using the '..SEARCH IN..' feature (located below the Green line on the main Paris Forum topics page) using '..Restaurants in the 6th..' as you basic search criteria....for a LOT of other possibilities

Glasgow
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

Thanks so much KDKSAIL!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

My husband just emailed that he had a fine dinner at Allard on the set menu (about 35 euros)--and a fine half bottle of Montrachet as well.

Also, restaurants seem to be having set price specials. La Truffiere (5th) bestrestaurantsparis.com/en//en/restaurant-p…

had one and he had a great meal with business colleagues for 50 euros there.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

KDK, why do you recommend these particular restaurants?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

Reason I recommend Allard is my very rich college friend liked it years ago and EnigmaWmn liked it recently and the reviews looked appealing so I made an online reservation for my husband and sure enough my husband loved his lamb dinner there on Thursday. Reason Truffiere is of note is that I have been there 3 times and loved it (romantic, intimate, good service and fine food but not stuffy) and we have always spent 100 euros or more each. The 50 euro set menu is a bargain and my husband ate there Friday night and the quality was the same.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

«Reason Truffiere is of note is that I have been there 3 times and loved it (romantic, intimate, good service and fine food but not stuffy)»

THAT'S what puts it on my list. Thanks for the review. All restaurant recommendations should be backed by personal experience IMO.

USA
Level Contributor
28,167 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

>>>KDK, why do you recommend these particular restaurants?<<<

On the occasions we've dined at them they've always 'come up to the mark'---providing a consistently delightful dining experiences--food, service and ambience (each in their own way. Over years of recommending them to numerous family, friends and acquaintances; they consistently continue to 'come up to the mark' for the overwhelming majority of these others as well.

But any restaurant recommendation is largely subjective--in terms of individual personal preference, priority and palate. No doubt you've dined at establishments that others have 'raved' about and not been impressed....and there may be restaurants that you might 'rave' about, that might not impress others.

Worcester...
Level Contributor
201 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

I am going to strongly recommend Le Christine! It's fabulous in everyway: from terrific, personable service to fabulous food, even the price, which is very reasonable. I hope you get there and enjoy it as much as I do!

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

With all due respect KDK, when was your last visit to any of these places? The chefs and owners have changed at some of them over the years. Some of your suggestions don't jive with our experience and we never review a resto without eating there twice (unless noted). When were you last in Paris?

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant in the 6th arrondisement

bump