We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marais hotel

Level Contributor
377 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Marais hotel

Geting overwhelmed from all this reading on this site. I am close to narrowing down my location and am really interested in the Marais. I am having difficulty finding threads on this site listing possibilites. I am interested in paying about 300 euro per night for 2 people preferably with breakfast included.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
490 reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Level Contributor
377 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marais hotel

Bump

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marais hotel

If you like arty places, you may like this Christian Lacroix refurbished hotel?

paris-hotel-petitmoulin.com/petit-moulin-hot…

There are not much hotels around 300€ actually, either most expensive or a lot of 3 stars that are under 200€. Alternative may be:

- Pavillon de la Reine is very beautiful in a more classical style but may exceed your budget:

http://www.pavillon-de-la-reine.com/

- Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais is a 3 stars, cheapest, but still nice; it gets good reviews on TA:

http://www.carondebeaumarchais.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d188745…

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marais hotel

The Villa Mazarin is lovely:

http://www.villamazarin.com/#/paris/3069240

Depending on time of year, a duplex suite might be within your budget. Breakfast is usually 12 euro per person, but they will sometimes include it in the room rate for free if you ask, esp. in low season.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,010 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marais hotel

This is a nice web site for some 3 star hotels in the Marais. Nice link to various restaurants. If you can be tempted to increase your budget, there is also a link to some spectacular 4 star hotels.

parismarais.com/3-star-hotels-in-le-marais-p…

There are also 4 hotels on Ile St Louis, which is technicaly in the Marais.

www.Paris-hotel-lutece.com/en.html Single 159€, Double189€, Triple 225€

http://www.deuxiles-paris-hotel.com/en.html Single 159€, Double 189€

www.saintlouisenlisle.com Double 140 to 220€, Triple 270€

www.jeudepaumehotel.com/romantic-hotel/ 275€ for a double, 600€ for a 2 bedroom apartment, 3 br for 900€

Level Contributor
377 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marais hotel

Thanks to all who helped. Out of the hotels on Ile St. Louis which is the nicest? Most romantic. Is it more convenient to not stay in Ile St Louis even though it is technically the Marais? Will be going to Paris in May. Can't wait to get to those bakeries!

Moulton, Alabama
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marais hotel

We stayed at the deuxiles in October 2003. The location is fantastic and the staff was very accomodating. However, the rooms were very small, even on European standards.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Marais hotel

If you can get the Pavillon de la Reine for close to your budget, I'd go for it...it's a lovely hotel and the Place des Vosges location is great. I stayed there in September and just loved it...I'd walked by it for years and finally decided to splurge and was very glad I did.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,010 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marais hotel

I would like to recommend Pavillon de la Reine as well, but it was twice your budget. This may be the best hotel in the Marais. Periodically they do run specials, but I don't think they have any trouble renting out rooms in May.

If you do a TA review on a hotel they will provide you with a map locater.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marais hotel

Ile St Louis is my favourite place to stay in Paris and to answer your question, yes, it is convenient and calm place to stay.

But I have never been enamored of the 4 hotels there... their rooms tend to be smaller than elsewhere.

I have always wanted to stay at the Pavillon de la Reine too and by plugging in some arbitrary dates for mid May got a price as low as 310 euros... so it's awfully close to your budget. Take a look for yourself ... if you look here on T/A the average price is much higher so look at their own site:

http://www.slh.com/france/paris/parpav.html

Rob

Level Contributor
377 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marais hotel

Hi!

Guess what? The Banke Hotel is opening this May. 20 Rue La Fayette 75009 is opening. This is affiliated with The Pavillion De La Reine. What do you think about the location? The only thing I know is it is near the Opera House.

Thanks to everyone,

NYChubby