We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Elysee car airport pick up recently

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used Elysee car airport pick up recently

Has anyone used this car pick up company - it is required by our apartment rental agency as we are arriving late into CDG.

Can you advise on costs from CDG to 3rd arr

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used Elysee car airport pick up recently

We used them 2 years ago and eveything was fine. If your rental agency "requires" them they should have a link on their own website that connects to Elysée cars. For instance, Feels Like Home In Paris does and have a discount code that gives us 65 euro for a ride, payable in cash at the driver.

They had good service in 2006 that is why we will rely on them next May.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used Elysee car airport pick up recently

Thanks for your input - I did get some info from the rental agency and they price the pick up at 65 euros too and has a link to be able to do that.

We need to use this service because the driver will have the keys to the apartment as we are arriving mid evening time.

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used Elysee car airport pick up recently

I cannot help as i don't know them, but i find this a bit odd, that means you have no other choice than to use them, even if they were a bad company, and 65 euros sounds a bit expensive, as a taxi should be around 50 euros i guess, maybe more during night time.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used Elysee car airport pick up recently

Because we arrive at CDG at 6 pm and therefore I assume probably not arrive at apartment until at least 7.30 pm or so picking up the key was going to prove a bit problematic so we have decided to go with it and make it all as easy as possible.

I suppose this could be called one of the drawbacks of renting an apartment as opposed to a hotel with 24 hour reception - that's life.

However I am looking at using the metro to get back to the airport when we leave - again might all be too hard and we might just take the easy option and go by taxi.

Thanks for your comment though - all this is helpful

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone used Elysee car airport pick up recently

You are right Raffy about the price. Except when you are flying from North America you get in Paris early in the morning, jet lagged and you HAVE to get to your apartment. The fact that Elysée cars work often with the rental agency makes it easier as drivres know the way to their flats.

Another plus for the agency is you make arrangements with them to pick you up at the flat for your return flight (often on Saturday). Since you cannot someone to reserve a cab for you (you are in an apartment not an hotel) it is more convenient.

And I'm getting lazier as I grow old and I don't mind paying a few more Euros and not worry about waiting for a cab that does not understand my Québec accent...

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
6. Re: Anyone used Elysee car airport pick up recently

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 00:19