We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get back??.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get back??.

We are planning to do the night Fat Tire Bicycle Tour which ends at the Eiffel Tower at 11:00 pm. At this time of night, what is the best way to get back to our hotel on Mazarene in the 6th?? We are mature 1st timers to Paris. Any help will be appreciated - merci.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get back??.

Maybe: walk to Ecole Militaire Metro??

New Mexico
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get back??.

Hey! I live in the southern part of the state and my daughter lives in ABQ!

Anyway, we were in Paris from 8-17 January 2009. We took taxis alot. Anyway, we found it easy to find taxis at major attractions (museums, sites, department stores). We stayed in the 4th (Ille St. Louis) and would simply cross the street and get a taxi outside Notre Dame.

We were out late several times and did not want to be walking thru the city at that time so we would take a taxi back to our apartment.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get back??.

Taxi stands are pretty easy to find. At major hotels you may find them OR you can always step inside and nicely ask someone at the front desk to call one for you. Are you taking/using a cell phone while there? If so, you can take a couple of phone numbers of taxi companies with you.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get back??.

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe we will need to try the taxis.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get back??.

I can give you an example if you have a city map of Paris.

On numerous occasions, we took a taxi from Galleries Lafayette to our apt (easiest to look at Notre Dame as our drop off point). We paid less than 10 Euros each time!

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get back??.

When traveling I ask the concierge or desk clerk for the number of a reliable taxi service I could call if stranded and always store the it along with the direct front desk phone # to my cell phone, including country code, etc. If ever I could not obtain the tax after calling, the front desk usually can. because of this I alsys choose hotels with 24 hr desk service.

T

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get back??.

you can definitely walk to Ecole Militaire, you will have to change in La motte Picquet Grenelle to line 10 direction Gare d'Austerlitz, and then get off at Odeon.

I take the métro at night all the time, no worries (and i am a girl on her own)

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get back??.

I too had no qualms about taking the metro at that hour of night, and I'm also a female who was on my own. (I might add, I am unlikely to take public transport at that hour in my own home city, but walked and took metro everywhere late at night in Paris.)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get back??.

Hi abghudson,

We have done the FT night bike tour,, it was so fun!! They will call a taxi for you if you wish, there are phones at the office.

We walked to ET and took a taxi, there is a taxi stand right in front of the ET,, and waving one down at night is not easy,, so thats why we walked to ET. We didn't call one to office like some people I can't remember why,, , The area around the office is VERY quiet and residental,, so felt very safe, but streets were deserted !

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to get back??.

Thanks to all - I very much appreciate the help.