We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TGV to Roissy

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
TGV to Roissy

Traveing with friends but we will part in Avignon. They plan TGV to Paris & will stay at CDG night before early flight.

What would be more convenient transfer for them since there is not direct train at their desired departure time--a TGV with connection in Lyon to Roissy or TGV to Gare de Lyon with probable taxi to airport (she will not do Metro, and doubt they willt consider Air France shuttle bus).

If they stop in Gare de Lyon, does Le Train Bleu retaurant have a coat room for luggage while dining or do they have to use the station's storage facility downstairs?

Thanks,

T

Mentioned in this post
TGV
TGV
1,293 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris Gare de Lyon
Paris Gare de Lyon
232 Reviews
Paris, France
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
France
France
Europe
Le Train Bleu
Le Train Bleu
4,643 Reviews
Paris, France
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Essex
Level Contributor
30,030 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TGV to Roissy

CDG is quite a long way outside of Paris. If 'She' will not 'do' bus or train, then 'they' will be paying mucho for a taxi!!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TGV to Roissy

Yes, taxi will be expensive, but after she checks into the hotel near CDG, she will probably take one into Paris just for dinner anyhow. Not how I would plan things,and that's why I wanted info regarding the convenience of Gare de Lyon if she wants to get into the city.

Do you have any info re: Le Train Blue and luggage?

t

Mentioned in this post
Paris Gare de Lyon
Paris Gare de Lyon
232 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Roissy-en-France, France
Vancouver
Level Contributor
307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: TGV to Roissy

I am 99 % sure that the Train Bleu doesn't have a room for luggages as very few of the people who go there would dream of carrying luggages with them to that posh restaurant. There is a "consigne" or left luggage room in every major station and likely also lockers. If your friend doesn't do metro or the AF bus (some spoiled traveller! does she has her own plane?) she likely will stay in one of the poshest airport hotels and will find a restaurant there. All airport hotels, even budget ones, have a restaurant anyway as no sane person would stay there if they had to go back to Paris just for a meal.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Le Train Bleu
Le Train Bleu
4,643 Reviews
Paris, France
Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TGV to Roissy

Since the restaurant was originated for travelers I was hoping luggage could be accomodated, rather than the luggage facilities downstairs. I agree it's both expensive and inconvenient to go CDG, check in, and then double back to Paris for the evening, and that's way I trying to get her to go directly to Gare de Lyon instead, have dinner, and then go check into airport hotel.

We split up in Provence and DH and I will go on to Lyon, where we will fly from. Personally if in Paris, I would stay in city that night and grab the RER to CDG. As for a private plane, sure would save me money if we could hop a ride with them, but its more of an anxiety/phobia than wealth issue.

Metro, buses, escalators, open stairs/spaces,etc! I won't begin to tell you what it takes for her to get on the plane to begin with and amazing that she does!

T

Mentioned in this post
Paris Gare de Lyon
Paris Gare de Lyon
232 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Roissy-en-France, France
Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TGV to Roissy

and bridges, can't forget bridges!

T

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18,824 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TGV to Roissy

You're a good friend, Tricia, to do her research for her! lol

But seriously, you obviously care and that's a good thing!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TGV to Roissy

Take the connection in Lyon.

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TGV to Roissy

Oh well, she just will not listen. I have offered to book her ticket SNCF so many times, but they will just do their own thing, I quess. Waiting to see what it costs now since a travel agent has told her they can go direct to Roissy fron Avignon; more than I can do!

Personally I would prefer to save the money and have a "free" dinner. It will at least give us something to talk about over a nice fire one night!

T

Mentioned in this post
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TGV to Roissy

Siouxxie,

Not everyone's computer savvy and addicted to tripadviser like we are!

T

10. Re: TGV to Roissy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 08:20