We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teenagers going to Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Teenagers going to Paris

Hello,

Me and my friend are going to Paris in mid-Feb. We will be going for 4 days 3 nights. We are both under 18 so I guess most of the tourist attractions or museums are free for us. (1) But is there any famous top attractions NOT FREE for TEENS?

I have done some searching on the internet on transport in Paris. I know that there is a PARIS PASS (www.paris-pass.com) which includes almost everything a tourist needs. A 2-day teen pass is sold at 45EURO. There is also a COMBOPASS. I don't quite see their differences. (2) CAN SOMEONE TELL ME?

However, since we are under 18, we don't need to pay for most of the attractions. (3) Therefore, shall we not buy any pass at all? Or shall we just buy tickets for travel?

We are planning to stay at Hotel Elysees Ceramic at the Champs Elysees area. The rates are cheap but I know that the area is quite high-class. (4) Do you advice us AVOID dining there? We are just teenagers and we don't have too much to spend.

These are places that I am planning to go:

- Arc de Triomphe

- Champs Elysees

- Faubourge St Honore

- Louvre Museum

- Orsay Museum

- Seine River Cruise

The first three are quite near our hotel. We plan to walk there. (5) Therefore, I am still struggling whether I should get CARNET, PARIS VISITE or MOBILIS?

We would also like to do some shopping. (6) Where can we SHOP at? We would like to buy special cute things and not expensive things.

(7) How is Mouline Rouge area like? I know it is a night life place. But is it worth going? Are bars/clubs quite expensive to go to?

(8) Can you recommend any reasonably good French restaurant which costs under 20EURO per person?

(9) Any more things to do or go for teens?

Thank you very much.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Teenagers going to Paris

Hi;

The new museum policy allowing those under 25 free admission has a tentative start date of April 4th 2009...

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Teenagers going to Paris

Craigmore: Thank you so much for that clarification.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Teenagers going to Paris

Any guidebook recommendations??

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Teenagers going to Paris

Elysees Ceramic is not what I would call a cheap hotel! In case you don't have booked the hotel yet, I would recommend to stay in the 5th, that is far better for a party of young people as you are. You will find there a student atmosphere, load of cheap eats and nice cafés. The Champs Elysées area is an upsacale district and has no particular interest except the view from the Arc de Triomphe.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Teenagers going to Paris

An other point you should pay attention to: you can't stay in a hotel without an adult if you are under 18. That's why teenagers generally go to hostels.

I understand you didn't have to proove your age during the reservation process, but you may have problems when you will arrive and show your ID. If I were you I would inform the hotel that you are a party of under 18; I am afraid the owner can't accept to accomodate you...

Belfast
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Teenagers going to Paris

Not sure if it was just the hotel i stayed in while in paris, but we never had to show ID even when checking in? So if that is a main issue check any of the Kyriad hotels - we stayed in the one in bercy, there not great hotels but better than booking one and being refused when you get there!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Teenagers going to Paris

there was a special discount from Ceramic with EURO105 per twin room per night with breakfast included...that's why i chose this

i am going next week (17th feb) and time was tight so i had to book a hotel without looking into details...

after your advice i regret a bit now!! but i guess i will not be eating around my hotel area.

what hotels are acceptable in the latin quarter? i would like to stay in a proper hotel rather than youth hostel...can you recommend? thank you very much

i have already booked Ceramic but i just emailed them to ask whether they have any age restrictions - if they do i might consider booking a hotel at the 5th!!!

18. Re: Teenagers going to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 12:18