We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris rental- feels like home in paris

Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
paris rental- feels like home in paris

Am travelling to Paris in May. Has anyone used Feels like home in Paris for apartment rentals. I have noticed that many of their apartments are in Montmarte. I have previously stayed in the Latin Quarter. Is Montamarte a good area ? Any opinions re "feels like home" and Montmarte would be appreciated.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
339 reviews
from US$60.93*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,251 reviews
from US$106.01*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
533 reviews
from US$43.87*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
662 reviews
from US$108.45*
Vancouver
Level Contributor
307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

Montmartre is the hill you can see from many places in Paris, thanks to a huge gaudy 19th century church, le Sacre Coeur (Sacred Heart). It is a touristy area in a very down-to-earth way, where even tacky souvenirs make you smile, and it manages to be romantic at the same time. There are good restaurants, small interesting shops AND lots of stairs to go up the hill. Being Paris it isn't that far from major sights. I prefer the North side of the hill-the 18th-but the 9th is more than OK too.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,645 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

Hi Maddison, it is a variable area depending on what the owner calls "Montmartre" and yes it is likely to be uphill depending on which metro is closest

Do a search of the forum of feelslikehomeinparis and you will find some pretty good reviews from regulars on this forum

Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

Thanks." Feels like home" seems to have some reasonable priced apartments that they rent for 3-4 nights which is what I need. I believe there are areas of Montmarte that are not so good. Do you know which areas to stay away from. Are there lots of cafes, markets in the area. I loved the feel of the latin quarter and dont want to be dissapointed if we stay in Montmarte. What are the positives and negatives of the area. Sorry for all the questions !!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,645 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

Hi Maddison, It might be better to start a thread with a title like "Which location in Montmartre" and past links to the apartments you are interested in on the forum.

I have never been north of Lamarck Coulaincourt metro (nice area) or east of Sacre Coeur and have mainly stuck to tourist central Montmartre from Abesses and upwards to LC metro mentioned, I know the area on the lower southwest near Pigalle has mixed reviews from sleazy to ok and I have read that the eastern side near the big railway area is not the best.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

We used Feels Like Home in Paris services in 2006 and will use them again in May of this year. We did not stay in Montmartre though but rented the Modern Living studio, close to the Canal St-Martin (and that's the one we also rent for May).

Well maintained flat, nice area, excellent services from Yetunde.

Can't say much about her Montmartre flats as we prefer staying kinda close to the Seine (we hop on bus 75 and in about 15 minutes we are on Rue Rivoli close to Pont-Neuf).

But I strongly suggest getting info from Yetunde on their flatsif you have specific needs )or worries)

Portland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

I've used Feels Like Home in Paris twice and have been very happy with it. The owner, Yetunde, is super helpful. She meets you at the apartment, answers any questions and leaves you with a folder well-stocked with information on your apartment and neighborhood (stores, restaurants, bus stops, etc.). My husband and I took our toddler to Paris in January, and we never felt unsafe in Montmartre. We stayed on rue Marcadet. There was a playground around the corner and lots of regular people going about their daily lives--nothing seedy.

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

I was referred by a friend to an apartment rental in the Montmarte area in September/08 - and found I really loved the apartment and enjoyed the area.

The apartment is shown on www.vrbo.com/219995.

The photos on the webpage don't do it justice.

I have rented Paris apartments in the 11th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 16th, and the 3rd and 4th - some for 6 months at a time - but had never stayed in the Montmarte area.

I also submitted a review to the Slow Travel forum. The review number is 4005, if anyone wants to read the particulars.

The apartment is owned by an American who lives in the apartment when she is in Paris. This means the place has added touches a normal vacation rental does not. It was very clean, organized, smartly decorated for the size - and though it is listed as a studio, it really has three rooms and is extremely spacious - even a full size bathroom with tub.

The apartment had great light and would have comfortably suited two people.

The owner also gave me an excellent price for my two week stay. Internet and free international phone calls were a plus for me!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,645 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

Hi AlaskaItaly, the link to VRBO did not work for me. Is it the right URL?

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

Here is the link - it should work. I just tried it.

http://www.vrbo.com/219995

If it still won't work for you - go to

www.vrbo.com and then in the search box - put in the number 219995.

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: paris rental- feels like home in paris

Faux, I see what you mean.

If I try to access the site from the link in my original posting, it takes me to the VRBO site but a "sorry" - go to the home page and insert the listing number page.

BUT if I just put the link into my Google box - it comes directly to the apartment. STRANGE!

It is www.vrbo.com

And the listing number is: 219995

www.vrbo.com/219995