We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Fashion Week 5th - 12th March, 2009

lancashire
Level Contributor
8 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Fashion Week 5th - 12th March, 2009

Could anyone tell me the venues for this fashion week. I will be in Paris for these dates and would'nt mind going along to see what's going on. Thanks.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,016 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Fashion Week 5th - 12th March, 2009

You need an invite and they are incredibly hard to come by, unless, of course you know someone in the industry.

Belfast
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Fashion Week 5th - 12th March, 2009

From working at a few different Fashion Weeks Most of the Locations are only given to the people invited and press however heres a link that will give you some locations such as Karl Lagerfeld etc..

But getting in will probably be a no no as said above. but hope this helps even to see the atmosphere!

modeaparis.com/va/…index.html

If your really interested in buying high fashion best shopping locations around rue de la paix, love the Tiffany's Store there - first ever tiffany purchase there and now im addicted!

Have fun in paris!

CC

Belfast
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Fashion Week 5th - 12th March, 2009

Forgot to say Galaries Lafayette held a show every Wednesday on the 7th Floor for a long time - as far as the website shows its still going.. reservations are needed, by email or phone

welcome@galerieslafayette.com or call +33 1 42 82 36 40.

Starts at 3.00pm and good place to shop as well!!

CC

london
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Fashion Week 5th - 12th March, 2009

Is it true that the fashion week 5th-12th of March will take place at the Louvre?I dont have an invite and i know how hard is to get in unless you know someone from the indusrty but i want to try to see the how much i can see even if i dont get in but i dont know where the event will take place.Thanks

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Fashion Week 5th - 12th March, 2009

The shows (Prêt-a-porter: 4-12 March) are at locations literally all over Paris, but some of them (Issey Miyake, Girbaud, Ungaro, Guy Laroche) will be at the "Carrousel du Louvre" - the underground shopping mall/commercial exhibition space next to the Louvre. Usually, there are also lots of tents at the Tuileries.

The other shows take place in hotels, museums, university buildings, parking garages and schools all over Paris.

All info can be found on http://www.modeaparis.com

but some locations (for example Vuitton, Miu Miu, Sonia Rykiel, Comme des Garçons, Balenciaga) are kept more or less secret.

Unless you have an invitation, I think you probably can use your time in Paris better...

6. Re: Paris Fashion Week 5th - 12th March, 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 05:23