We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in Paris this weekend - itin suggestions

Toronto
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
in Paris this weekend - itin suggestions

Hi everyone,

My husband & I will be going to Paris this weekend. Will be there for 3 1/2 days (Friday to Monday afternoon). Can anyone suggest what we can do and if there will be anything special on this Valentine's day weeekend? Also, what are open on Sundays as I heard most things are closed...

thanks!!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: in Paris this weekend - itin suggestions

hi there..

1. the only things closed on Sundays as a rule are shops and department stores, grocery stores. The museums and monuments are open just fine.

2. I think Valentines is just expensive restaurant packages...

3. My question back to you is - - what made you choose Paris to visit? what are you interested in seeing? it's no use for people to tell you what to do when they don't know what you're looking for... I mean, it's very easy to determine the main things people see when in Paris. Did you look at the articles under "Overview" link on Tripadvisor/Paris?

Another place to start:

http://en.parisinfo.com/

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: in Paris this weekend - itin suggestions

Bless you, TNutty.

leeds
Level Contributor
172 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: in Paris this weekend - itin suggestions

Hi Meow, book the hop on hop off bus [ les cars rouge ] for 2 days, 24 Euros each, and you will see the major attractions and different districts of Paris in one fell swoop without having to waste time and energy on the Metro. We did the full tour on the bus, approx 2 1/2 hours then got on and off for the 2 days and visited the areas we were interested in.

Buses come every 15 mins, very handy. Enjoy Holl.

Basel, Switzerland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: in Paris this weekend - itin suggestions

Hello! I am going to Paris this weekend. Anything you saw or did that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Paris
Level Contributor
643 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: in Paris this weekend - itin suggestions

The museums will be free on Sunday, Marfch 1, so factor that into your plans. The Orsay and Louvre will be quite crowded, but it is a good day to visit a less popular museum like the Branly or Arts et Metiers, but if you go to any museum on Sunday, go early.

The Salon d'Agriculture is at Porte de Versailles, closing Sunday. It is THE annual show for all producers of food and drink in France and is quite impressive. http://www.salon-agriculture.com/

Good rugby game tonight will be on at all the pubs - France v. Wales.

6. Re: in Paris this weekend - itin suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 13:19