We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jim Haynes Dinner, Sunday Feb. 15, 2009 - Photos

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Jim Haynes Dinner, Sunday Feb. 15, 2009 - Photos

Last Sunday evening I attended the Jim Haynes dinner in Paris. Lately, his dinners have become very popular since they were a topic of a recent NPR radio broadcast.

Jim is an ex-pat living in Paris. For the past 37 years he hosts a dinner in his home on Sunday evenings from 8 to 11. He asks for a 25 euro donation. This is the 2nd time I have been there. This time there were about 60 people there, most of them English speakers. A good portion of the people were travelers, just like me.

The crowd is friendly and talkative. He serves a soup, a main dish, and dessert. Beer, wine (out of a box, no less), and soft drinks are available.

I've posted about 11 photos. Please read the captions: …google.com/pixfield/…

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
489 reviews
from US$73.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
584 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
1. Re: Jim Haynes Dinner, Sunday Feb. 15, 2009 - Photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 16:19