We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Reservations!

over here
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
Save Topic
No Reservations!

with Anthony Bourdain will be in Paris on the Travel Channel. Monday 8/29 at 10pm EST. enjoy.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Reservations!

JustGrace, et al - this is a "must watch" program - It's AB's "Why the French Don't S*uck" love affair w/Paris and French food. It's also the infamous absinthe-drinking segment you may have heard about.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
930 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Reservations!

I loved his Cook's Tour series on the Food Channel One of the few hosts who doesn't always like everything!

Unfortunately I don't get the Travel Channel! Maybe they'll sell it eventually to PBS or such....

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Reservations!

If you want a little Bourdain in NYC try his Les Halles bistro on Park Avenue South in the 20's

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Reservations!

I so hate the travel channel.

You'd think that they would have a lot of shows regarding

travel topics, but to me it seems that all they ever show

is stupid poker shows.

sorry, was I thinking out loud again?

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Reservations!

That's great! I'll watch it.

Travel Channel has some good shows but I agree-It's not as good as it used to be. They focus very little on travel outside the U.S. It's as if the focus is on U.S. travel. Perhaps it's not the Travel Channel's fault because most average Americans don't travel outside the U.S. unless if it's the Islands or Mexico so the ratings for Europe, Asia, etc..travel shows are not as good as the shows about Las Vegas.

They used to show Lonely Planet and I loved it! But I suppose many of the dumb American audience has little interest in places outside the U.S. and would rather see shows about Florida and the theme parks instead, which is featured a lot on the Travel Channel. Idiots!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
930 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Reservations!

There is another branch of Les Halles on John Street downtown near Wall St. They are both worth a visit!

over here
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: No Reservations!

yeah, Floski... you really gotta check the listings. Can't just turn it on and hope for something good like Discovery, History or even HGTV. First few times I tuned in I got poker and had to call the cable company to make sure it was the right station. :P

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No Reservations!

Every consumer learns to be discerning. Re the Travel Channel - yep, the poker stuff su*ks, just as it does on every other channel. But, Best Beaches, No Reservations, Samantha Brown, Stranded with Cash Peters and World's Best Lists are worth the price of admission. And 5 Takes Eurrope is also fun to watch as they cover the cities they visit very well.

maryland
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No Reservations!

So did you see it? I just finished watching it. I loved the part where he showed the new food market. He's very "quirky" (the best word I could come up with). But I enjoyed the show - how about the rest of you?

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No Reservations!

I saw it and enjoyed it a lot. To me, Bourdain seems like a very normal guy you would meet in the streets of Philadelphia-which would not be normal for TV presentation but normal in a real world setting. He's got a tough atittude and not afraid to say the f word. He's kinda like Rick Steves because he's interested in the more real side of Paris. He's a true adventurer.

I saw him in another show where he was in Mexico and he ate barbecued inguana in some village and he said it tasted really bad.