We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation in the Latin Quarter

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation in the Latin Quarter

Hi!

I am bringing my 17 yr old to Paris for 3 nights in March ( after a week visiting Beirut) and have stayed at the Hotel St Sulpice the last 3-4 times I've been there. Does anyone have a really good reccommendation for an alternative in that general area? I am a fashion designer and really love great design and light, sunny rooms. Any ideas? Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation in the Latin Quarter

I don't know about the design, but a lot of people here love the Henri IV on r. St. Jacques. Their website is http://www.henri-paris-hotel.com/. I stay in an apt just next door to the hotel and really like the area.

Farmington Hills, MI
Level Contributor
311 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation in the Latin Quarter

I stayed at the Henri IV in October and just loved the hotel and location. The staff was very warm and helpful also. Our room looked down on St. Sulpice and we could see the Eiffel Tower twinkle at night. I don't exactly think the room had amazingly great design, but you probably won't be in the room all that much if you only will be in Paris for 3 nights. It was sunny with a big window, though. The last time we visited Paris we stayed closer to the Luxembourg Gardens, and this location was so much more convenient for heading out in any direction.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation in the Latin Quarter

Mich, do you mean St. Severin? It's directly across the street from the hotel. St. Sulpice is up the road a ways :)

Farmington Hills, MI
Level Contributor
311 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation in the Latin Quarter

woops! I'm typing without thinking! Thanks for the correction. St. Suplice is the one with the Roseline, right? Totally not near St. Severin. Actually we stayed rather near St. Suplice on our other trip, and I enjoyed the area by St. Severin so much more. It was a short walk to Notre Dame, Ile St Louis, the Pantheon, and we even had no difficulty walking (in pouring rain) to the Marais area one day too. It was such a good central point for starting off in different directions each day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation in the Latin Quarter

I agree. I really like staying in the area for all the reasons you mentioned.

6. Re: Hotel recommendation in the Latin Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 11:17