We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short term appartment rental agencies suggestions?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short term appartment rental agencies suggestions?

My husband and I always rent apartments in Paris for 2 weeks. We're going in the spring with our new daughter. We've used NY Habitat in the past. The website has tons of choices and lots of photos with decent rates. the problem is once you pick your apartment you deal directly with the owner. It's hit or miss dealing with them. We've had wonderful experiences and not so great experiences. Last time the owner forgot to show up to let us into the apartment. We spent a long time hanging out in a cafe downstairs. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good rental agency that rents apartments themselves where you don't have to depend on the owner?

Also, anyone know any agencies that have flats that accomodate toddlers? Our daughter will be 18 months when we go. We can't wait to share our favorite city with her!

paris
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Short term appartment rental agencies suggestions?

Yes! www.paris-apts.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short term appartment rental agencies suggestions?

Try Vacation in Paris (www.vacationinparis.com) and Guest Apartment Service (www.guestapartment.com). You will find lots of comments on this forum about both, if you do a search with the name of the agency (Vacation in Paris sometimes is abbreviated on here as VIP). Both agencies have great track records with guests, although Guest Apartment Service (my personal favorite) is on the high side for prices as compared to VIP.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short term appartment rental agencies suggestions?

I've found that vacationinparis.com (VIP) is reliable, easy to deal with and inexpensive. Generally, you get the keys about a week before you leave with clear instructions for how to get in (security codes, etc). The apartments are good value, if some of them are simple. They do have some luxury ones, but you'll pay more. They have always been clean and absolutely as pictured. I like that they are a US company (with the dollar so weak, you don't suffer paying euros) and there is no large security deposit. It's a flat $300, which I've always had returned within one week of my return.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short term appartment rental agencies suggestions?

My bad. The security deposit for VIP is a flat $150, not $300. There is also a return key deposit of $29.

5. Re: Short term appartment rental agencies suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 08:18