We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maestro

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,831 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Maestro

There don't appear to be recent threads on this and I want to be sure... will my MAESTRO card be generally accepted in Paris (in establishments that accept cards)?

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maestro

Meastro should be fine

Call you bank and tell them where your going though and double check the withdrawal limit (if there is one) at the same time.

They should be able to authorise payments and ATM withdrawals then.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,831 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maestro

Thanks!

I've never had any problems with using any of my cards abroad (where they're accepted) and the one time I did inform my cc company of a foreign trip they advised me that it wasn't necessary.

London, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maestro

Depends who you bank with. Some are funny and then see an unusual transaction and then bar the card in case of fraud. Don't want that happening to anybody, better safe than sorry.

Its not nice being stuck for cash in a foriegn coutry.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,831 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maestro

I always take an assortment of cards, just to be on the safe side. Never, ever had a problem. I've also not tried using any in Paris.

London, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maestro

have a great trip.

6. Re: Maestro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 11:19