We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Versailles on Wednesday, April 8th

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting Versailles on Wednesday, April 8th

Hello,

We plan on visiting Versailles. We're staying in a rented apartment in Montmartre. We're a family of 4; 2 kids ages 9 and 11. I'm hoping it shouldn't be terribly crowded.

Any tips to make this a memorable and enjoyable trip for all? Personality wise we like flexibility and adventure.

Thanks for your advice!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,573 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Versailles on Wednesday, April 8th

My tips , do not rush. Make sure to visit Marie Antionettes Hammeau,, there are animals , fish in the ponds, and the building are story book cute.

Consider renting bikes, on the grounds, down by canal. You can rent them for 1/2 hour to hours..

Bring a few snacks,, stuff there is expensive.

Get the audio guide,it helps ,, but don't feel you must key in every painting or room, pick and choose.

Have 9 yr old read ( or read to her) the Royal Diaries , Princess of Versailles a Scholastic book meant fpr young girls, tells the beginning story of Marie Antionette in the first person.

Buy tickets online ( Versailles has a website) so you don't have to wait in long line at entrances,.

San Diego
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Versailles on Wednesday, April 8th

Joan,

Thanks for the great tips. We have 2 daughters so the book should be terrific!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Versailles on Wednesday, April 8th

Joan...yes thankyou, I too am going to Versailles around Easter. My 11 year old daughter would love this book, have found it on Amazon. MrsB.

4. Re: Visiting Versailles on Wednesday, April 8th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 04:18