We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French linens

Minnesota
Level Contributor
611 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
French linens

I found this website that shows all fabulous linens available in France. Hopefully some of you will be able to pick up one or two of these items on your next journey. (then write and tell me how wonderful they are)

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French linens

And that website is???

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French linens

Would really love to know Kajon, going in a couple of weeks time. Thanks, MrsB.

simpsonville,sc
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French linens

bump-give us the site

Minnesota
Level Contributor
611 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French linens

I am so sorry and totally embarrassed. I have two teenagers home on spring break and they are interfering with my concentration! Here it is:

www.french-brand.com/kitchen-linens/

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
286 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French linens

Just returned last night, and have already unpacked all my yummy linens. I bought Jacquard Francais, Garnier Thibaut, Varenne, Claude Tissage. Lots of napkins, a couple of table cloths, some tea towels, shower mits. The stores where I bought these items were BHV, Tuile a Loup, Maison de Famille, Comptoir de Famille, Noyez Noi. One place that I found at the end of the week, and just refused to spend more money, is Simrane, at the intersection of rue Jacob and rue Bonapart. Next time, I will be there at the beginning of the trip.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: French linens

Hi Pariskat

We are going in September and would love to get hold of some of these lovely linen. Can you please tell me whether one of these shops that you have visited is near to Rue de Rivoli?

Thanx

Karen

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
286 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: French linens

Dear Karen,

No, none of them are near the rue Rivoli. Tuile a Loupe is in the 5th, Maison de Famille is on St. Suplice in the 6th and also on the Place Madeleine. BHV is on rue Rivoli actually. Sorry about that. BHV has a ton of linens, especially the Jacquard Francais, Garnier Thibout, and a small collection of Comptoir de Famille. There is an actual Comptoir de Famille very near Maison de Famille on St. Suplice. Blanc d'Ivoire, Noyez Noi (I think that's the spelling) and a couple of others are on rue Buci, I believe. Let me know if you need more specifics, and I'll check on it for you.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
611 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: French linens

I remember that there was a beautiful linen shop on the Avenue Victor Hugo (on the side toward the Eiffel Tower). Also the Bon Marche carries Beauville.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: French linens

There used to be a wonderful place called Diner en Ville, corner of rue de Varenne and rue de Bac, that had beautiful linens (inc. Beauville) and tableware. I haven't been there in a few years. Does anyone know if it still exists?

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: French linens

One poster has bought linens at BHV. The original store "le Bazar de l'Hotel de Ville" near Paris City Hall, is a great old store for customers who look for the best possible value. As it name imply it is a bit of a mess but worth the visit..Its hardware department is unique. Bet you have never seen such a huge choice of plates for electrical switches and plugs, of door handles, curtain rods etc.

Now for truly fine linens the place to go is Porthault, 50 Avenue Montaigne. I have seen hand embroidered medium-size table cloths ON SALE for Euros 1000.. Worth looking at their selection, if only to dream about it. They also have boutiques in the Galeries Lafayette and le Bon Marche.