We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

Does such a thing exist? Real Chanel not fake. Thanks.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,739 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

You might find less-expensive items in the line that you do not find at home.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,058 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

Define expensive. There are consignment shops where you can find plenty of it. To some that makes it affordable, to others it remains out of reach. Le Reciproque on rue de la Pompe in the 16th has the best selection. The buttons have all been removed to avoid theft and are handed over at time of purchase.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

There are stores in Paris that sell designer clothes at about half-price or so. Do you call half of 2,000E for a blouse inexpensive?

On the positive note: I am now getting my makeup at Chanel when I go to paris. Twice I bought an eyeliner pencil and once I bought eyeshadow with two colors. The quality is great, I have a souvenir, I get to carry around a Chanel bag so that people can wonder what I bought and am I rich (haha) and I get to use it everyday and think about my trip.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

Sales start on the last wednesday in June this year. You can get up to 50% off sale items.

Chanel, like Vuitton has always been cheapest in France(although Vuitton never has sales)however, due to the recent crash in Sterling, I believe for the first time ever - and only until they adjust the prices up - the UK is currently the cheapest place to buy allowing for currency conversions (and local taxes within the Euro zone)

K

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

You should check a few second hand or outlet stores. Phread already recommended one: I do like L'Annexe des Créateurs, near place de la Madeleine, they usually have Chanel items:

www.annexedescreateurs.com/eng/index.html

Belfast
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

I bought my first Chanel and Vuitton in paris, and found it slightly cheaper than the UK, however still cheaper to buy in the US i think due to exchange rate, even tho its not as great as last year.

Some chanel pieces can be found in vintage stores which i think are more classic and timeless than the Lagerfeld period (just my opinion) so it might be worthwhile looking there!

And if you want CHEAP chanel - the only choice is make up, their waterproof mascara is GREAT!!! and Galeries Lafayette is perfect for chanel make up!

Hope this helps

CC

7. Re: oxymoron: inexpensive Chanel in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 20:17