We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

I am reading this document from the Mairie de Paris that claims that the average hotel rate in Paris (2007-2008) is 83 euro per night?

Does that sound right to you?

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

According to a document from the "Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de Paris" ("Tourisme Parisien - tableau de bord janvier-mars 2008"), the average room price in the first three months of 2008 was €144,90.

That sounds more likely than 83 euro to me - where did you get that document exactly?

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

It depends if you're referring to the 'normal' rates or the ones sensible people usually pay after doing a bit of googling or other research. I got a room in the Hotel Select a few months ago through Expedia for around 90 euro a night, though the theoretical room rate was originally supposed to have been 260 euros. I've had similar deals in San Francisco and London (where the Travelodge chain has some amazing deals). I think hotels actually like their 'average' price to appear more than it is so they can claim to be giving you a discount when rooms are available for less than half that.

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

The document you refer to ("Une dynamique pour Paris", from 2006-2007!) seems to be aimed at casual readers. They throw around a lot of figures, without any reference. Sometimes they're refering to Paris, sometimes to the Île-de-France region - and I suspect that the 83 euro price may be an average for that region, not for central Paris. And maybe they even included the camp sites around Paris - that can bring the average down considerably! The price might also not include breakfast.

On another page of the same document, they also mention that the average visitor spends 74€ on accomodation - even less!?

The document I mentioned ("tableau de bord") is aimed at tourism professionals, and I'm inclined to believe that €145 is closer to the truth than €74 or €83 - even if I've done everything to bring down the average...

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

You're probably right, Jan. That's why I questioned it.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

I realize you're referencing hotels here, but just for comparison, I'm renting an apartment for 20 nights at 1300 eur which averages to 65 eur/night.

I haven't seen the place in person yet, so I can't vouch for the condition, but it's located in the 2nd arr. and pictures on the internet look good...

The 1300 eur includes a 300 eur finder's fee that Paris Attitude tacked on, but in spite of the extra fee, I was unable to find many places cheaper.

For those folks renting apartments, what is your cost per night?

CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

I am renting a studio through parisbestlodge.com for 14 nights in September at an average of E89 per night. No agency fee, no additional fees or nonrefundable deposits, and the apartment has a computer. It's small -- 25 square meters, about 250 sq feet, but certainly larger than the hotel room I stayed in last time I visited Paris, and it has kitchen, washer/dryer, etc.

Nevada
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

Pixfield...thanks for your blog as I never would have thought of visiting St. Denis.

Just returned having stayed at Hotel Lourve Bons Enfants - 140, 140,100 euro. Hotel was clean, close to the metro, and the front desk extremely helpful. To me, it was worth it.

I'm sure someone will post a great deal at 83 euro so I'll be reading for my November trip.

KTfromNC
Level Contributor
352 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

Something at that price would probably be a bit scary...

We've rented rather posh in the 1st for 900 for the week (king size bed, full kitchen, W/D, WiFi, Intl Phone, AC, etc, etc.).

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,065 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

Many visitors come from developing counties to visit friends and family who have immigrated here. They stay in areas like the 15th and th 19th and the 20th and they do not pay anything close to 100E per night that is considered cheap in St Germain. And is that rate per person or per room?

10. Re: Paris Rooms Average 83 Euro Per Night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 09:18