We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

new jersey
Level Contributor
133 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

My friends and I (there will be 8 of us) are planning on taking a Seine river cruise in the evening. Does anyone have any recommendations?

We weren't planning on a dinner cruise, just sightseeing.

Has anyone ever done the Bateaux Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf? They offer an internet savings coupon.

california
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

I've done this one before (Bateaux Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf) and enjoyed it. I was happy with the trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

Yes, I went on the Bateaux Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf cruise in the evening and enjoyed it too. Depending on when you go it can get chilly/ windy so wear something warm. It's relaxed and fun.

new jersey
Level Contributor
133 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

Thank you for your replies.

We are leaving for Paris in four days! :) and will be there for a week. Can't wait!

Farmington Hills, MI
Level Contributor
311 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

We also did that Pont Neuf trip - very lovely. I second the recommendation for scarves, gloves, and a hat. ALSO - if it's been rainy earlier in the day, take something to wipe off the seats if you plan to sit up on the top. Never occurred to me, but I had to borrow a rag from a wise friendly fellow traveler.

That boat trip was one of my favorite memories.

new jersey
Level Contributor
133 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

Good to know, Mich-noto.

Merci!

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
79 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

profteedee, where did you book that particular cruise? I'm just starting to plan our May trip to Paris, any help would be appreciated!

new jersey
Level Contributor
133 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

I have not booked a cruise.

I simply went to their web-site:

www.vedettesdupontneuf.com

and printed out a coupon that I'll be taking with me on our trip. The coupon offer is for 2€ discount per person. You can select any number of passengers.

Bon voyage!

Philiadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
36 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

We took the 9 pm cruise on Sunday. We chose this one because the location was more convenient for us. I second the recommendation to dress warmly - you'll want to be outside to take pictures. Also, if you take the ones that leave on the half hour (insead of the one at the top of the hour) you will be down around the Eiffel Tower while it is "sparkling".

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
79 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

So is there a difference between an evening cruise and a day cruise? And we will be there in mid-May...will it still be cold?

Lastly, I saw the website profteedee mentioned above and there is a deal for 5Euros off if you book online...I was thinking about doing that unless you guys recommend I wait til we get there?

Thank you!!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,834 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any recommendations on evening boat tours?

I booked my tickets on line, they're good for one year from the date of purchase and are a bargain.