We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer...hotel help badly needed!

illinois
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
First timer...hotel help badly needed!

We will be in Paris for 6 nights in early October.When I look at the left bank hotels they all look like boutique type of hotels. I usually like to stay at 4 star or above full service hotels. Is there anything like this on the left bank? Is the left bank a much better location as far as being able to walk to restaurants,be in a quiet setting,etc...? The more I look the more I get confused!!

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.20*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
573 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.50*
Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer...hotel help badly needed!

The "big" 4-star hotels (Ritz, George V, Crillon, Plaza, etc.) do tend to be on the Right Bank. There is a Hilton on the L.B. near the Eiffel Tower which has gotten some good reviews.

We have stayed on the Right Bank in some of the 4-star hotels such as Four Seasons George V and Splendid Etoile. They are beautiful and worth the price IMHO, BUT they are very much in the big city with little or no quiet in their neighborhoods. This time we are going for a bit more charm and staying in the Marais.

If you can tell what sort of price range you are looking for I'm sure someone will have specific suggestions.

simpsonville,sc
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer...hotel help badly needed!

The Hilton Arch de Triumphe is supposed to be nice. The Hilton near the Eiffel Tower is know a Pullman hotel.

simpsonville,sc
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer...hotel help badly needed!

.. is"now" a Pullman

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer...hotel help badly needed!

The 4 star Hotel Le Pavillon de le Reine may come close to solving your dilema. It's surrounded by quite a few neat little restaurants in the Marais near Place des Vosges, but should be up to your standards. Sorry, right bank but within walking distance of Notre Dame.

parismarais.com/hotels/…index.htm

It's difficult to obtain a 4 star on the left bank because of the small size of the hotel rooms, it doesn't necessarily mean they lack the luxury and amenities you are looking for in a hotel. 4 stars require a minimum room size.

I've often thought of the hotels like the Four Season's George V to be destinations for those on business and an expense account.

5. Re: First timer...hotel help badly needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 08:18