We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Vallee Village - Getting there from Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
La Vallee Village - Getting there from Paris

Hi,

I am actually inquiring this for a friend who will be in Paris in June, can't speak French, but would like to go there from Rambouillet.

I went to La Vallee Village almost 2 years ago, so am not too sure of the directions and would like some confirmation.

The person will be coming in from Rambouillet, so from Montparnasse, she will have to take the metro to Les Halles, the get the RER A to Val d'Europe.

Is that correct? If yes, how long would the journey take from Les Halles and how much would it cost - for the RER A?

From the lavalleevillage website, it sounds quite confusing because it seems as though one gets off at the EuroDisney stop, but from an old post (June 2008) I found in the forum and from my memory, it's the stop before that.

Then, I found this post from a Paris Expert:

"I think you can count about 1 hour on public transportation each direction. It is on the RER A direction Marne La Vallee, Val d'Europe stop. However, once you get off the RER and exit the station, turn to your right, walk straight ahead and into the buiding at the end of the street. You will find yourself in a shopping mall. Head to the opposite end of the mall where the food courts are. Exit the food courts next to Mc Donalds and you will find yourself in the outdoor outlet mall."

Could someone please let me know if the info I have is correct?

Merci d'avance!

USA
Level Contributor
27,722 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Vallee Village - Getting there from Paris

Your recollection is about spot-on. RAMBOUILLET to PARIS-Gare Montparnasse via SNCF-TER train...then make the Correspondance across to the MANTPARNASSE-BIENVEUE METRO station. They will purchase a separate Ticket here for the onward portion of the trip out to VAL D'EUROPE (combined Metro/RER fare: 5,75€ o.w./11,50€ r.t) and take the #4 METRO (heading in the direction of Porte de Clignancourt) to CHATELET METRO...then make the Correspondance to the CHATELET-LES HALLES RER portion of the Chatelet station 'complex)...the RER 'A-4' (any 'A' train heading in the direction of Marne La Vallée-Chessy..any train with a four-letter '..Q xxx..' designation) to VAL D'EUROPE RER station. The entrances to LA VALLÉE VILLAGE will be near the station exits.

There will be a looong-ish Correspondance between the PARIS-Gare Montparnasse SNCF station and the MONTPARNASSE-BIENVENUE METRO station...and again another looong-ish Correspondance between the CHATELET METRO and CHATELET-LES HALLES RER portions of the station....but the routes between lignes are well marked/signed.

At a guess, the 60 minute estimate (perhaps a bit less) from arrival at PARIS-Gare Montparnasse SNCF to arrival at VAL D'EUROPE RER is about right.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Vallee Village - Getting there from Paris

Thank you, thank you for that prompt and detailed reply! Much appreciated! Will copy and paste that info for her! :-)

Washington DC
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Vallee Village - Getting there from Paris

The "Paris Expert" is correct. Don't stop when you get into the building (shopping mall), head to the outside mall with the designer shops then hit the mall shops on the way out. It's a wonderful day trip, my husband and I go each year when we are in Paris. Have fun!

4. Re: La Vallee Village - Getting there from Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 21:20