We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

Hi--just a few weeks before our two night stay in Paris, and am struggling with trying to figure out transportation from CDG airport. Hotel Muguet in the 7th suggests taxi or goldenair shuttle (www.goldenaair.net), however, lots of folks on this forum have raised concerns about taking shuttles (multiple stops, late pickup, time it takes to get to their hotel). We will be arriving on a Sunday.

Taking a look at the RATP website, it looks like multiple changes will be needed to make it on the RER. Nearest metro to Hotel Muguet is Metro 8 Ecole Militaire, closest RER is RER C: Invalides

Any experience with golden air shuttle?

Any ideas how much a taxi would cost for 2 people?

Would taking the Roissy bus and then catching a cab make sense?

Any other ideas of balancing time and money?

Thanks so much!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

Some of the shuttle confusion arises because there are two distinct shuttle services: shared ride and private passenger service.

I generally do not recommend shared ride. It can take a good amount of time to reach your hotel if you are not the last to be picked up and the first to be dropped off.

Private van service is more attractive and usually costs about the same as a taxi except some like being met at the airport by a driver and knowing that if there are traffic problems en route, the meter will not run while they are not moving.

Personally I like the convenience of walking out of customs and jumping in a cab, about 40 to 50€ to your destination on a Sunday. On Sunday morning, things should be sufficiently quite that a cab might actually be cheaper than a shuttle (it could happen). When economizing, I'll take the RER which may also be a good choice for someone who has admittedly already done his homework and knows the required route; 8.40€/person.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,173 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

I'm another for whom a taxi is worth every Euro after an overnight flight. Taxi should be +/- €50.

Taking the RER does involve two transfers and hauling your bags through CDG and the stations and up/down double staircases. Or, you could get off at Invalides and walk - about 1 km - which is probably better than transferring between the RER and Metro stations to ride one stop. Depending on your terminal, it's a bit of a hike to the RER, then a long line to purchase tickets unless you have exact change in Euros for the automatic ticket vending machines.

Roissybus drops you next to Opera Garnier. The Opera metro station is on the same line as Ecole Militaire and La Tour Maubourg - Hotel Muguet is about midway between the two - and both have an escalator out.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,173 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

You could also take Roissybus to Opera Garnier, then a taxi to Hotel Muguet.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

Thanks for your advice. For my previous trips, I have tried a cab, Roissy bus, and/or the RER--however the Hotel Muguet isn't located as near to the Roissy bus or the RER as the other hotels that I have stayed in (something to think about for future reservations).

The shuttle that the hotel suggested costs 22 Euros per person--isn't that getting close to the cost of a taxi from the airport?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

For 1 person take shuttle if you want to be conservative with your budget. 2 and more, take a TAXI. I find it very hard to struggle with transfers after an international flight. Any other day, I will do it and I never take a taxi TO airport. Weigh the pros and cons.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

la_photographe--what do you use to return to the airport? Your posting suggests that you use something other than a taxi?

Thank you.

7. Re: CDG transportion to Hotel Muguet in 7th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2009, 05:17