We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

I want to take my new bride to a nice place to eat overlooking the tower on our honeymoon this summer. I'm sure there are multiple places that are great, so to narrow it down I'll throw in that I'm a pickey eater. I like things made plain if at all possible. It's really not about me though, so any recommendations are welcome.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Bump

simpsonville,sc
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

http://www.restaurant-cafedelhomme.com/en

Cafe L'Homme at Trocadero

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Taking my boyfriend on his birthday to Les Ombres overlooking the Eiffel. Was suggested to me by someone on the forums and looks delightful. Glass ceiling allows in the views, and is situated atop the Branly Museum.

lesombres-restaurant.com/restaurant/the-plac…

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,621 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Cafe del La Homme and Les Ombres are my favorites, but there is a 3rd option

A resturant on top of the Montparnasse Tower,

Le Ciel de Paris

http://www.cieldeparis.com/index.html

Sorry Crash, none of them serve plain food, but your sweety will love it. You are in Paris!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
611 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

I vote Cafe L'Homme at Trocadero. Make a reservation and request a front row table on the terrace. You will fell like you can reach out and touch the tower.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

La Maison Blanche, at the top of le Theatre des Champs Elysees (at 15 Avenue Montaigne-most expensive real estate in Paris). www.maison-blanche.fr/maison-blanche-us.html

Doesn't picky eater for many means someone who only like the best freshest seasonal food possible cooked in the most imaginative way possible?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Quote: Doesn't picky eater for many means someone who only like the best freshest seasonal food possible cooked in the most imaginative way possible?

I guess I have a different opinion on that. I would consider that a "yuppy" or a "posh" eater. By pickey I mean I don't like when places add weird things to meals to make it sound more appealing. For instance, when I eat salad I only eat lettuce and cucumber with no dressing, and I hate when places mess up the consistency of something by adding an item that clashes (e.g. potatoes with bacon bits).

Thanks for the suggestions though guys. I'll take a look at each one and pick the one I think she'll like the best.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
638 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Is Cafe del Homme a fancy dress up place or can you go there casually? Do you need to reserve or can you just walk in after sightseeing in the area?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Cafe de l'homme needs a reservation for good tables with view.

There is also Chez Francis at Alma Marceau.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
638 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Chez Francis looks good, is that a place you can go without a reservation? It's really hard to commit to a reservation so far in advance because we will do a Seine River cruise before or after dinner but a lot depends on the weather in early Sept. Rain wouldn't be much fun.