We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

India
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

We have a Ryan Air connection into Paris at this airport called Beauvais. Apparently 60+ kms from Paris city center. Is it worth the hassle or should I look at CDG airport which is a costlier option?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Beauvais
Beauvais
Oise, France
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
606 Reviews
US$75 per adult
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
667 Reviews
US$49 per adult
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,251 Reviews
US$103 per adult
Sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

Hi,

There is a bus that goes from Beauvais Airport to Porte Maillot.

I haven't caught the bus from the airport into Paris but I have caught it going the other way. I would imagine that it would be very easy. It is certainly very economical.

Mentioned in this post
Beauvais
Beauvais
Oise, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

The bus from Beauvais to Port maillot is 26euro return and will be at the airport to meet your flight and will leave port maillot in time to get you to your return flight.

Beauvais is outside of Paris, but having used both Beauvais and CDG airports - I would always pick Beauvias when possible, despite the distance from Paris. CGD is a very big airport, whereas Beauvais is much smaller - you just walk outside the doors and the bus is right in front of you - so easy.

Mentioned in this post
Beauvais
Beauvais
Oise, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Roissy-en-France, France
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
516 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

Beauvais is tiny and it all works efficiently. You don't need to book bus tickets in advance, but you do have to buy them at the ticket desk before you get to the bus. The drive is pleasant and it leaves you at Porte Maillot in one hour. From there get the metro into the centre of Paris (line 1, look for the big yellow M sign across the road to the right).

If you're returning to Beauvais you must be at the same car park more than 3 hours before your flight because the bus leaves exactly 3 hours before. We missed it by a minute once, it was just pulling out into the street and had to pay €120 to a taxi to bring us to Beauvais. The taxis are lined up waiting for latecomers!

Going to CDG probably only saves you 30 minutes because you have to allow more time for going through security.

Mentioned in this post
Beauvais
Beauvais
Oise, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Roissy-en-France, France
4. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 17:23
dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

I used this EZYSHUTTLE.COM at the end of April, 2009. I could not speak highly enough of John the driver. He was very friendly and was very very helpful. Stupidly, we left a suitcase at Beauvais airport. John and his wife were brilliant. They rang the airport for us and collected a copy of my husbands passport. Then later he dropped our suitcase to us at the hotel. He would not accept any payment for this. We were so grateful. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Beauvais
Beauvais
Oise, France
Curitiba, Brazil
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

We get an Ryanair flight from Paris-Beauvais to Dublin in July 2008. It wasn't a nice experience, too much trouble.

We leave our hotel in the 5th before 6 AM, get the RER (faster than Metro and we had a Carte Orange 1-5) to Porte Maillot. Then some walk to the bus station.

The bus travel take about 70 minutes (more or less) and the Beauvais airport was a mess - hundreds and hundreds of people leaving and arriving with Ryanair.

Next time we'll pay a little more and use CDG or Orly.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Beauvais
Beauvais
Oise, France
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Orange
Orange
Vaucluse, France
Roissy-en-France, France
Orly
Orly
Val-de-Marne, France
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
897 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

I agree about Beauvais, it is much easier than CDG. I used CDG recently and it took almost 1 hr to get on to the RER for central Paris, then maybe 30 min on the train, the cost was €16.80 return. The bus from Beauvais is €26 and is quicker. There is also a train from Beauvais to Gard du Nord, if you choose this route be careful if returning on a Sunday as Beauvais goes to sleep on Sundays and getting from the station to the airport is diffcult. parisbytrain.com/beauvais-paris-train-schedu…

Mentioned in this post
Beauvais
Beauvais
Oise, France
Roissy-en-France, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Gard
Gard
Occitanie, France
Cafe du Nord
Cafe du Nord
373 Reviews
Paris, France
Roseville...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

How would an English speaker pronounce Porte Maillot when directing a cab driver to that destination?

Stranraer Scotland
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

Port My-o

Heh best i can do!!

Roseville...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Beauvais Airport - How easy is it to reach city center

Thanks falkensmaze! I actually found a great site that has audio pronunciations of French as well as other languages.

http://forvo.com/languages/fr/