We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

museum pass

los angeles
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
museum pass

Is it best to buy the museum pass at CDG? Do they take american credit cards?

I heard it is best to not buy at the museums as you might have to wait on long lines. I am staying in the 8th district so not sure where else I would be able to buy it.

simpsonville,sc
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: museum pass

Tried to buy mine at CDG but they were out of the one w/ the number of days I wanted so that might happen again. Buy at one of the smaller museums-Cluny ,Rodin

Go to Museum Pass website -it lists points of sale

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,025 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: museum pass

You can easily buy the museum pass at one of the less popular museums as they do not have long queues. The only ones with really long queues are Musee du Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, and Orangerie.

For small purchases such as this, it is usually not cost-effective to use a credit card as there can be an overseas transaction fee applied to each transaction: check your card's conditions.

France is much less card-oriented than USA: you will find many places that are unwilling to take a card for small transactions; and most small hotels and restaurants do not take cards at all.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: museum pass

Capital One does NOT charge a foreign transaction fee. The rest do. Most charge 3%, which is an outrage.

If you can, you are always better off using your credit card, as you get the best exchange rate, and you dont have to pay the ATM fee. Of course, that assumes you arent paying the transaction fee.

4. Re: museum pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2009, 08:18