We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

Southwest USA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

My friend and I, we are 2 women, are planning on taking Roissybus to Westin. I know there is a 10-minute walk between the Opera bus stop to Westin at 3 rue de Castiglione.

The street between the westin and Roissybus stop at Opera, is that a commercial touristy street?

What's in it? I'm curious. is that a safe street to walk on around 11:00 AM?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

It is certainly safe; we were there for the first bus in the morning and it was dark and felt fine about the area. In the daylight, you'd have trouble finding areas that are scary.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

All of central Paris is safe: it is highly unlikely that a tourist would be physically attacked. However, watch out for the well-dressed person next to you on the metro or bus who is quietly emptying your pocket.

Charlottetown, PEI...
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

We were there Monday morning at 6:00 a.m waiting for the Roissybus to CDG after walking from the Opera Metro stop and felt totally safe and comfortable with the surroundings.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

If the Roissybus stop is right at the Opera, then you would likely be walking down Rue de la Paix, past Place Vendome and rue St. Honore and then down to Rue de Rivoli. This is a perfectly safe area with high end shops such as Cartier, Tiffany etc. and you will also pass the Ritz in Place Vendome. Nothing to worry about, and you can do some great window shopping on your way!

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

Now let's face it - if you are staying at the Westin (a 4-star luxe hotel, at least it was the last time I stayed there), why don't you take advantage of some of the services it has to offer? Give them a call, they will pick you up at the airport so you don't have to drag your bags on/off the bus and through the streets of Paris.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
516 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

If you're not safe in that area you're not safe anywhere. It's full of high class hotels, jewellery shops, snobbish Parisians, snobbish tourists, the Ritz where The Princess of Wales took her last fateful journey, the Hotel Costes where Madonna and her ilk stay. Do you get my drift? It just seems strange that someone who can afford the Westin is taking the Roissybus into Paris.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

The Westin is okay, but it isn't THAT nice. And there are plenty of relatively cheap rates for Westin rooms to be found on various discount hotel websites. So it really isn't all that strange that someone takes the Roissybus to get there. Who says just because you pay a bit for a hotel room that you must also shell out $80 for a taxi?

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

I travel to Paris often without my husband, and I can't understand why this question would even be asked. Paris is much safer than any major city in the US. You may have your pocket picked - but you won't be mugged.

I've often walked around that area alone at 11:00 PM without any problems.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

Paris is safe everywhere.

It is a short walk from Opera Garnier to Westin hotel is a posh neighborhood.

australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roissybus to Westin - Street btween Opera & Westin SAFE?

Hi Pacific,

Many of us are not fortunate enough to "travel often" to Paris as the previous apparently does does.

Seems to me to be a PERFECTLY reasonable question to ask if females are

travelling alone or even together.

My 21 yo will be in Paris alone in August and I find the answers reassuring and imformative.

Condescending repliies are not useful in my humble opinion.

Have a great trip.. You will love it...